Highland Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Highland Brewing Company, an independent and family owned industry-leading craft brewery, based in Asheville North Carolina, is seeking a Field Sales Representative to manage sales and distribution in the Nashville TN area.
Some Quick Facts about Highland Brewing
- Quality beer – always
- Proudly regional - we distribute only in the Southeast
- Pioneers - First legal brewery in Asheville since Prohibition
- Largest native NC brewer
- We honor features of the Southern Appalachian landscape with seasonal beer names, a hike, and a fund-raising release party for each seasonal beer – all in partnership with the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- Donations to over 100 charities annually
- 3rd largest craft brewing solar array in the US
Our largest effort was our solar array. Under peak conditions the system can create up to 324 kW DC - more power than we can use on sunny days. The expansive roof is now about half covered by panels and is in full view from the rooftop bar.
- Beautiful 16-foot white oak bar tops in the Event Center were harvested from our property.
- 6th largest solar array of all independent, craft breweries in the USA
- 22nd largest brewery solar array in the world
Department: Field and Retail Sales Departments
Reports to: Vice President of Sales / President
Leads & Manages: Retail and Field Sales Personnel
Date: January 1, 2021
v BUILD THE BUSINESS
v BUILD THE RESULTS through RELATIONSHIPS
v BUILD THE ORGANIZATION
All in alignment with the HBC Vision, Mission and Values.
Build the Business
- Provide a plan and execute plans for growth in market share, sales volume, and sales dollars that meet or exceed company goals
- Direct, develop, and effectively manage effective pricing and price promotion spending. Ensure regular Cost and Profit analysis and PTR and PTC reviews are conducted to achieve full realization of HBC revenue. Ensure that the VP of Sales/President and Controller are provided with information needed to ensure that the latest HBC budget estimate reflects changes in pricing/promotions and brands. Keep Finance up to date on sales plans, trends, adjustments.
- Integrate brand-pricing strategies into each market’s Individual Market-Share Achievement Plans (IMAP). Lead effective use of pricing, price promotion and SKU and package initiatives in collaboration with the President, Marketing Director, and Controller, as well as the Field Sales Team, and our distributor partners.
- Mastery of pricing analysis: break-evens, payback, cannibalization, margins, competitive impact
- Provide input for development of the company budget.
- Mastery of sales analysis, opportunity identification
- Work effectively with the VP of Sales/President, Marketing Director, Field Sales Team, and our distributor partners so that dynamic business plans are developed and executed effectively.
Build the Results through Relationships
- Develop customer intimacy for long-term business partnership with our customers.
- Focus on building a “Volunteer Army” of supporters across all departments at HBC.
- Become an instrumental and joyfully trusted resource for our wholesalers and key accounts
- Mastery of pitching, and coaching appropriate members of the sales team to pitch: ads, product features, display execution, target sku distribution, shelf placement, pricing, and display and promotion penetration.
- Manage administrative tasks for Sales team to result in the highest performing sales team at the most integrated level with the rest of the company
- Monitor and contribute to system improvements in inventory, out-of-stocks, product generations, and accurate forecasting.
- Help develop and expand customer intimacy and teamwork across the organization
- Focus on creation of a seamless Sales & Marketing – Marketing & Sales effort.
- Help develop an environment that practices constructive discontent by consistently raising the bar on performance and that offers suggestions and solutions to uncovered opportunities.
- Help build and execute an organizational plan that develops subordinates, anticipates turnover, identifies successors, and promotes employees based on results and potential which helps build bench strength
Build the Organization
- Advanced knowledge of beer marketing, sales, and distribution.
- Advanced knowledge of general business:
- strategic management skills
- sales and marketing program and promotion design/implementation
- pricing/price promotion analysis
- Advanced knowledge of channel analysis and category management
- High competence in navigating franchise law, contracts, and all legal aspects of wholesale/brewer relationship
- Hiring, staffing, staff development issues and procedures
- HBC policies, and state/local regulations governing the sale and marketing of alcoholic beverages.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
MBA or 10yrs experience in beer industry or industry similar to craft beer
Loves to sell Highland beer
Other duties as assigned.
- Generous PTO Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- 7 Paid Holidays per year
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program