Service Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
In this position you will be responsible for the performance of the Taproom in line with Service Brewing Company’s plans and objectives, including financial performance, guest satisfaction, event coordination, and staff development
- Be an ambassador for Service Brewing. You are the face of the brewery when people visit the Taproom
- Create a welcoming Service Brewing environment for our customers
- Enforce all internal, local, state and federal laws, regulations, and policies within the Tap Room
- Maintain daily cleanliness of the Taproom, draft cooler, and surrounding areas, to include tour route.
- Make sure all staff are pouring and serving beer in the appropriate manner for the style
- Ensure staff are maintaining a clean workspace, bar, bathrooms, and tables before, during, and after hours ofoperation
- Ensure the staff has a deep knowledge of all the beers on tap, ingredients used, styles on draft, and events and procedures
- Scheduling, training, and discipline of Taproom staff
- Maintain inventory of all kegs, cans, bottles, Crowlers (and the lids and labels), glassware, merchandise, non-alcoholic beverages, and small wares
- POS system knowledge, maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Open and close cash register and POS system daily during hours of operation and special events. Train shift leaders to complete the same tasks in your absence.
- Improve company financial health by staffing the Taproom appropriately, minimizing waste and making sure staff are fulfilling their responsibilities and departing and arriving at the appropriate times. Do not be afraid to send people home based on traffic patterns in the Tap Room. Seek approval in first three months on the job.
- Quality Control. Taste beer taps daily to assure the highest quality is maintained; Look, smell, taste
- Report to management to coordinate day-to-day operational flow.
- Complete Weekly Operations Report to the owners
- Draft Beer, Packaged Beer, supplies, and Merchandise maintenance
- Keep abreast of the evolution of the Craft beer industry
- Ensure that cash handling and all cash out procedures re followed
- Reconcile and record daily sales deposits
- Maintain cash necessary to tip out staff, maintain appropriate denominations to make change and notify owners of excess amounts available for deposit
- Maintain log of cash on hand in safe and registers
- Manage keg and can inventory from Warehouse Cooler to Tap Room in Iconic Brewery ManagementSystem
- Ensure staff knows of upcoming events/specials and is informing customers
- Work with management to creatively promote new beers & events
- Work with Management to make sue all new beers are correctly listed on “untapped” on the brewery tap list menu, and tasting notes are available for all staff to review
- Resolve guest issues with patience, sensitivity, and efficiency
- Ensure all staff members are trained to provide tours at any given time.
- Use Cozi and email to coordinate meetings, create lists of necessary tap room supplies to restock, communicate and receive reports as well as review To Do list for Taproom
- Answer Grasshopper calls during Taproom hours
- Participate in weekly team meetings at the brewery