Senior Director of Operations
Karbach Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Sr. Director of Operations will maintain a system of continuous improvement and accountability for the quality of beer, efficiency of the equipment systems, and effectiveness of supply teams. He/she will be accountable for developing and maintaining the overall vision of the organization in regards to company operations. This position is accountable for the team’s continual process with interacting with support teams, Zone, Global, and regulatory agencies. Ideal candidates possess a comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing operations management, production-level brewing, good business sense, and exceptional leadership ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the company’s quality assurance and safety programs keep pace with innovation and growing complexity of the brewing facility and processes. List to include but not limited to HACCP, Safety and Quality Pillars and 5S to drive organization and effectiveness at compliance and workplace safety.
- Drive brewery’s achievement by developing and executing a Capacity CapEx plan that is aligned with the long term growth plans of the brewery.
- Support the strategic vision of the General Manager and Founders.
- Own KPI targets in Production, Logistics, Quality, Brewing, Safety, Wholesale Support, Maintenance/Engineering and Continuous Improvement.
- Be brewery liaison for all zone/global initiatives and cascade appropriately to his/her teams.
- Oversee all Cross-Brew of brewery brands at other facilities and oversee all craft to craft brands brewed at brewery.
- Lead a large multi-department team with several layers of reporting relationships. Lead, train, and develop team members. Hold individuals accountable for their performance.
- Maintain a culture of innovation and engagement with all staff.
- Work with Sr. Controller on all budget related items and issues.
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of organization and proven success managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively and take initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other office related software.
- Understanding of Brewery regulatory compliance, beer science, craft beer and culture.
- Comprehensive understanding of all operational stages of a manufacturing facility’s internal and external supply chains.
- Ability to compile, interpret, and communicate data in audience-relevant formats.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to deliver impactful communications to groups of varying sizes and compositions.
- Experience managing new manufacturing buildouts and/or large-scale facility improvement projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Operations Management, preferably in the alcohol/beer industry.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.