Category Manager, Playmate and Partnerships - Food & Beverage
Igloo Products Corp
Apply for Job
Job Summary Statement:
The Category Manager, Playmate and Partnerships, Food and Beverage will be responsible for most all aspects of the Igloo Playmate business as it relates to the Food and Beverage categories including creative concepts, management of license and partner relationships, business planning, product line management, and Go To Market execution. The ideal candidate will have experience across licensing, sales, and marketing.
They will bring energy, creativity and experience to a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role will require organization, attention to detail, and ability to turn data driven insights into results. They will demonstrate cross-functional agility and strong communication skills. Teamwork is a critical skillset for success in this position. Cross-functional team members will include design, planning, manufacturing / purchasing, marketing, wholesale and direct to consumer sales.
The ideal candidate will have strong, authentic relationships with license owners, brand managers, restaurant owners, media members, and other stake holders in the space. She/he will thrive in executing licensing product strategy, bringing to life trend right and innovative product lines that will meet the needs of the license partner, consumer, and Igloo.
The position is located in Irvine, CA and reports to the VP, Playmate and Partnerships.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop new business opportunities with license holders, brands, and partners to drive revenue and build brand equity
- Look at the respective category holistically and create a strategy to address the marketplace
- Work with 3rd party partners on all marketing and business efforts that will drive awareness and reach revenue goals
- Work with the product development team to develop the optimal line related to licensing products that will be produced
- Oversee product, marketing, and other approvals with third parties
- Help manage the GTM process to ensure proper delivery times for all projects within licensing partnerships
- Work with the sales team to develop a forecast and target account list
- Assist Sales team to service key accounts within the category
- Coordinate category assets for proper in-store merchandising
- Work with the marketing and creative teams to develop a comprehensive marketing plan for licenses and partnerships
- Develop authentic relationships with influential industry contacts
- Provide insights with nuanced marketing assets such as copy writing where needed
- 3 years of licensing, collaboration, and/or partnership marketing experience
- BS, BA or related degree, or equivalent related professional experience
- Basic understanding of the product development process
- Authentic industry network
- Leadership and teamwork. Proven ability to collaborate across various departments to drive results. Can quickly build trust and friendships with the team
- Problem solver. Good under pressure and capable of using logic and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to develop a strategic plan and effectively implement that plan across an organization.
- Must understand financial metrics such as sales, gross margin, and turn
- Assortment strategy, planning, and execution experience
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
- Consumer centric mind-set
- Passionate about creating great product
- Entrepreneurial – Ability to excel in a high-speed environment
- Empathetic – identifies with the needs and wants of customers and makes decisions with their best interest in mind
- Driven – Over-delivers on expectations. Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Creative – Passion for finding new solutions to old problems
- Persuasive – Skilled in salesmanship and the art of persuasion
- Collaborative – Works well with cross functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Marketing, Sales)
- Passionate about all things pop-culture
- Innovative thinker who is intellectually curious and has a desire for personal growth