Cellar & Packaging Technician
Ore Dock Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Located a stone's throw from the pristine shores of Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Ore Dock Brewing Company was founded in 2012 with a mission to create Superior Sourced craft beverages that pay tribute to the clear waters and northern skies of the Fresh Coast. We are a growing microbrewery and tap room firmly rooted in our home, our watershed, and our extended craft beer family- with a commitment to quality, work-life balance, and community enrichment.
A Cellar and Packaging Technician at Ore Dock Brewing Company acts as a proactive and engaged member of our brewing department, maintaining a passion for craft beer in all that they do. They assist with many packaging, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance duties at the brewery and otherwise provides support to the brewhouse and cellar as directed. The position interfaces with multiple departments within the company and is responsible for hands-on support and guidance in ensuring smooth operation of packaging departmental functions, including but not limited to; set-up to clean-up, package preparation, organization, and cleanliness of the packaging and warehouse facilities. The position requires the ability to take direction well, a desire to learn, a can-do attitude, and the willingness to create solutions to meet quality and production goals. Ultimately this person works diligently as a vital member of the brewery to ensure that all beer that leaves the facility is of the highest quality and that the brewery is kept clean, functional, and up to Ore Dock Brewing Company’s standards at all times. Wages commensurate with experience.
- Being a proactive and engaged member of our production team
- Move and package beer according to production schedule
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance SOP
- Record quality control data for each packaging run
- Assist with inventory counts of finished beer, grain, hops, packaging materials and other raw materials inventory as required
- Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies, etc.
- Schedule and manage preventative maintenance in conjunction with operations
- Assist in various brewery maintenance tasks and facility improvement projects
- Participate in beer tasting panels
- Represent Ore Dock Brewing at industry events when applicable
- Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns professionally
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Positive working attitude
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage workload in a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and services
- Ordering and inventory control as it relates to packaging
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Understanding of quality assurance and control
- Problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in a production brewery preferred
- Basic knowledge of mechanical/ electrical systems
- Passion for craft beer and knowledge of basic brewing processes and beer styles
- Excellent time management skills and experience working independently
- Computer literacy
Environmental Conditions/ Physical & Mental Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position the worker is exposed to environmental conditions which pose the potential for physical injury and bodily harm, including but not limited to; exposure to extreme heat and hot fluids, pressurized equipment, strong odors, loud noises, caustic chemicals, and moving machinery. With these conditions in mind, it is imperative that all applicants meet the physical and mental demands of the job, as well as possess the situational awareness, attention to detail, and communication skills necessary to mitigate risk and maintain a safe working environment. We take safety seriously. PPE and training will be provided with the expectation that safety protocols and OSHA guidelines are strictly adhered to in order to keep all employees safe and able to raise a pint at the end of the day.