Brewer / Assistant Brewer
Long Ireland Brewing Company, LLC
Apply for this Job
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work 8- 10 hour shifts as an ongoing and regular schedule
- Work closely with team members to meet quality and production goals
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Keep accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keep accurate daily production records per company requirements.
- Continually maintain all beer production areas
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement.
- Operate and monitor electronic and computerized brew systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts:
- Involves frequent walking, lifting, and carrying objects weighing 55 lbs routinely
- Frequent use of latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, etc., requiring manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Regular contact with production employees and management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of practices, methods, and equipment used in brewing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of brewing experience as assistant brewer or brewer preferred
- Professional brewing certificate preferred.
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time