Head of Marketing
Local Roots Kombucha
Apply for this Job
Local Roots Kombucha is seeking an ambitious, creative and dynamic Head of Marketing to take the brand to the next level. This role will play a key part in the development, implementation, execution, optimization and evaluation of all marketing activities including building an award-winning culture, establishing brand strategy, creating 360 marketing campaigns that generate revenue and amplify brand awareness, executing trade and retail programs that increase sales, and creating continuous growth for the entire organization. The Head of Marketing will be responsible for leading the marketing team, including external agency partners, and ensuring departmental goals and deliverables are met.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has 10+ years of marketing experience in a startup CPG environment with extensive knowledge of the food and beverage industry. This position is both a highly strategic and tactical role that will work closely will all team members, so cross-functional organization experience is a must.
- Create and build an impactful and effective 360 brand strategy across all channels that increases brand market share and revenue.
- Develop and execute annual and long-term marketing plans and strategies to guide the organization through the brand’s mid to long-term vision and goals.
- Serve as the leader of positive championship culture across entire organization.
- Build, develop and manage marketing budget and coach marketing team members on allocating dollars appropriately across content creation, trade support, partnerships, product launches, agency partners, influencer campaigns, PR etc. with the goal to maximize spend effectiveness.
- Collaborate with sales on a daily basis to provide impactful retail/trade programs and support that increase shelf presence and consumer pull.
- Create and own the marketing calendar centered around key customer and distributor initiatives to plan and focus retail marketing efforts to meet timelines and ensuring seamless support.
- Develop and build creative strategies around taproom sales and drive innovative programs to increase customer awareness and traffic.
- Lead the product innovation vision and pipeline in alignment with the overall company goals and strategies.
- Develop new product positioning across all channels (retail, on-premise, DTC) and partner with cross-functional resources to ensure proper communication and messaging for product launches.
- Leverage metrics to constantly establish, interpret and analyze critical KPI targets and optimize activities across the organization.
- Constantly challenge the status quo in the food and beverage industry to knock down barriers and create compelling outside of the box campaigns that align with the brand’s mission and vision.
Key Traits, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be 21+.
- 10+ years of proven success in consumer marketing and leadership at top CPG brands, preferably in food and beverage, through the rapid growth phases.
- Strong project management skills and impeccable attention to detail in managing budgets and overseeing and following timelines.
- Proven success in building effective, diverse teams and developing a championship culture.
- Demonstrated success in using and analyzing data and insights to create and drive effective programs.
- Strong communication skills and highly strategic, creative and analytical thinker.
- Excellent leadership qualities and proven track record of successfully managing direct reports.
- Entrepreneurial, humble, passionate and determined. Energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Deep passion for health, wellness, and the CPG industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or G Suite.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and analytical skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Experience with Project Management Software (Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Monday).
- Paid vacation time
- Health Insurance
- Stock option purchase plan