Ballast Point Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Ballast Point Facilities Technician Position
The Facilities Technician will support upgrades, expansions, and ongoing maintenance and repair functions to brewing facility and equipment. This person is expected to be self-driven and use critical thinking to help troubleshoot facility maintenance. The Facilities Technician will need to execute exemplary customer service skills in working with other departments, peers, and suppliers to complete projects. This individual will be in an industrial setting where there is machinery, loud noises, and forklifts. The Facilities Technician is expected uphold our Ballast Point standards, including but not limited to our Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, policies and procedures, and Ballast Point’s Mission and Values. Our Facility Technician is expected to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as with others and be a leader in the company’s preventative maintenance and continuous improvement projects.
The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Technician include:
- Ensure the facilities operations run smoothly including but not limited to process equipment, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems repair and preventive maintenance.
- Help ensure all facilities needs are met timely, while communicating realistic timelines to managers/supervisors at our BP facilities.
- Ensure our breweries run at peak production with little down time, continue to upgrade our equipment to improve efficiency and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Support implementation and optimization of a preventative maintenance program and work order system.
- Build upon the existing efforts to make our breweries clean and well organized, including participation in the 5s program.
- Participate in maintaining a parts storage system that is clean and organized, inline with our 5s program.
- Ensures facilities operations provide a safe work environment for employees, visitors, and customers.
- Provide technical guidance for parts inventory management, optimizing for risks to down time and budget adherence.
- Ability to manage time and complex deadline-driven workload; includes planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and good follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Support facility utilities including but not limited to chillers, boilers and steam systems, refrigeration, and comfort HVAC.
- 5-15 years of factory-related experience in a maintenance environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic welding, electrical, and plumbing skills
- Experience with inventory and or parts management.
- Experience with pump motor repairs, valves, heat exchange systems, packaging equipment (fillers, case packers, conveyors)
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, equipment and computers
- Have a great, positive attitude that will inspire, and reflects the values of Ballast Point Brewery.
- Previous experience in a brewery setting, food/beverage production, pharmaceuticals, or other Consumer Packaged Goods
- Additional relevant vocational course work.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation is a plus.
- Experience with continuous improvement concepts.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Experience with Wastewater Treatment and RO/DI systems
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Industrial facility subject to loud noises, heavy moving equipment
- Travel as needed
- Exposed to various weather conditions both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to work at least 8 hours daily
- Flexible schedule to work day, night, grave, holiday and weekend shifts and alternative work weeks
Please note this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ballast Point Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer