Apply for Job
The maintenance manager's mission is to lead the maintenance team to achieve and maintain peak efficiency, capacity, and reliability of equipment and systems in the cider house. We are a growing company, the needs of this role will range from huge tank installs and engineering projects to simple daily maintenance and inventory management.
- Safety safety safety - work within OSHA regulations, train members of different teams on safety protocols when applicable. Ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times and lead in a way to foster a culture of safety. Contribute to our goal of becoming SHARP certified.
- People management: Manage a team of (currently) three people including their professional development & learning, prioritizing their work loads, delegating tasks, and constant performance analysis and feedback.
- Project management: Main authority on installs, floor redesigns, space builds, etc. Recent projects include: installation of a Krones packaging machine, installation of new fermentation tanks, complete redesign of a functioning warehouse.
- Regular facility maintenance: fix things when they break, proactively plan & execute preventative maintenance so things do not break.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing maintenance, 2+ years of experience in managing teams of maintenance employees.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and hit deadlines.
- Maintenance minded: can you pick up a manual and easily grasp the inner workings of complicated machines? Can you keep PM systems straight? Can you coordinate a complicated inventory of spare parts and tools? Can you effectively communicate your plans, progress, and process to key stakeholders in the business? Can you work with external contractors when we don't have the skills or bandwidth in house?
- Experience in beverages is a huuuge plus.
- College or formal certificates are a plus, but we also believe in the school of life.
- Working in hot and cold environments.
- Regularly lift heavy weights up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to crouch and kneel under tanks.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights on platforms.
- Work safely with chemicals
- Work in loud places
We like to hire the way we like our cider; unfiltered. With the understanding that we can learn and grow from each other’s differences, we are proud to hire regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or anything else that makes us who we are.