Assistant Tasting Room Manager
Alesmith Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
If you are passionate about craft beer and interested in helping to support our mission, we are currently looking for a Full-Time Assistant Tasting Room Manager in San Diego, CA, to help manage the day to day operations of the tasting room and gift shop sales as well as assist with private events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure we create a world class experience for consumers that centers on quality beer and a high level of service.
- Help manage budgets, P&L, and overall business operations of the tasting room.
- Effectively coach, counsel and provide constructive feedback to tasting room staff to ensure their focus is on building authentic guest relationships and excitement of our beer.
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable and stays up to date on our beers as well as AleSmith happenings to effectively communicate with staff.
- Proactively seek out and resolve potential guest concerns or issues and use such opportunities as development and coaching tools.
- Participate in strategies to increase level of guest experience, brand awareness, and revenue in Tasting Room and Gift Shop.
- Manage tasting room inventory stock levels and ensure that beer and merchandise are properly stocked.
- Ensure staff trained on state and local rules and regulations related to serving and consumption.
- Ensure reconciliation of cash deposits and credit cards, and tips on a daily basis.
- Manage daily sales reports and analyze for errors and/or causes for concern and make recommendations as necessary.
- Partner with Human Resources in the hiring and orientation of new tasting room employees.
- Assist in resolving customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related management experience (brewery tasting room, or craft beer bar/ restaurant).
- A passion for craft beer and for providing world class experiences.
- Must have the ability to lift 55 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Experience in managing, motivating, and developing a world class team.
- MS Word, Excel, and POS operating system experience.
- TIPS, LEAD, or similar alcohol serving training required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your attached resume in order to be considered.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.