Calvert Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Looking for an experienced Brewer who ready to be part of this growing company and wants to have input and creativity in recipe development! Be an integral part of our team, with opportunity for growth and development along with competitive pay and benefits.
JOB TITLE: Brewer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Brewer is responsible for overseeing efficient execution of all brewery production. Further, the Brewer must maintain inventory of raw materials, packaging materials and all supplies to produce beer at Calvert Brewing Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all brewing, cellaring, packaging, scheduling, inventory and QA/QC.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and chemicals required to produce sufficient beer for the tasting room and wholesale.
- Set the production schedule based on tasting room needs and sales projections
- Schedule personnel to fulfill production schedule
- Perform and schedule maintenance and repairs to minimize brewery down time
- Train junior production employees (including safety training)
- Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in a production brewery.
- A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in related discipline and/or certification or graduation from an accredited Brewing Training Institution
- 3 years experience in a packaging brewery
- Proven mechanical/electronics experience with beer production machinery
- Project management and equipment installation experience
- Depth of knowledge of beer production, storage and packaging
- Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the microbrewery industry and market
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 65 pounds
- While performing the duties the employee is:
- constantly required to reach computers and other office and machinery
- constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- frequently required to communicate with others
- frequently required to sit
- frequently required to stand
- frequently required to use fine manipulation and simple grasping in order to handle production equipment and to utilize the computer and other standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- frequently required to use taste and smell senses
- frequently required to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs
- occasionally required to lift and transport items weighing up to 170 lbs
- Equipment typically used: Computers, brewery production equipment.
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a brewery environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.