Sales Rep Ohio & Indiana
Lexington Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Field Sales Representative – Lexington Brewing & Distilling
LOCATION: Columbus, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried
POSITION SUMMARY: Grow sales, service our retail partners & distributors, perform events, tastings, promotions and spread the Lexington Brewing & Distilling message
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make us a better company. Operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth & dignity of every employee.
Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers in area.
Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and partners within the area.
Assist Regional Sales Manager and Key Account team in communicating companies’ objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners. Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
Ensure that the Breweries & Distilleries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory
Assist Regional Sales Manager in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with distributor partners.
Spend at least 4 days a week at retail or “on the street” selling our portfolio
Represent both us at selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions and similar events.
Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Lexington Brewing & Distilling products.
Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding our product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations
Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
· Clear understanding of companies pricing and promotion book
· Ability to work independently with little supervision, self - motivated
· High level of beer & spirits product knowledge
· Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
· Strong organizational & planning skills
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Two years of alcohol beverage industry experience in a Sales capacity selling beer, and spirits sales are also strongly preferred.
· Strong knowledge of the local market
· In depth knowledge and experience within local market
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
Ability to spend extended time on their feet.
Must be able to participate in critical assessment of our product
The ability to travel to various industry events via car or airplane is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
Lexington Brewing & Distilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer