Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Saratoga Eagle Sales and Service
Apply for this Job
Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service is a fun, successful and growing family owned beverage distributor in Upstate New York serving the Capitol Region and the Adirondacks. Our comprehensive list of beverages includes iconic beer brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Mich Ultra, Labatt Blue and Stella Artois. We also sell a wide variety of national, regional and local craft and cider brands along with a diverse array of Seltzers, FMB’s and New Age beverages. A robust Wine & Spirits book rounds out our beverage portfolio. Whatever the occasion, we have the right beverage.
The VP of Sales provides leadership, direction and resource management for all sales functions throughout Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service (SESS). The senior sales leader will be accountable for creating, modifying, and executing a sales plan, strategically aligning sales resources by appropriately and profitably achieving sales goals.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, self-driven individual who can influence others to help achieve individual, team and organizational goals, uses critical thinking skills to identify opportunities & solutions and possesses the courage to take action and lead by example. They value continuous self-improvement and have a track record of meeting/exceeding goals while holding themselves and others accountable for desired results/metrics.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Align sales objectives with company strategy by actively participating in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, sales compensation and sales resource planning
- Create and lead an effective sales organization, starting with design, including sales job roles, channel development and sales resource deployment
- Actively recruit, select and train staff aligned with our Core Values
- Ensure a structured selling process and routine Sales management protocol is documented, followed by all and actively measured
- Manage all Supplier Partner relationships through Brand management supplier guidelines
- Establish Revenue, Volume and Distribution Goals by Supplier
- Create marketing plan and promotional spend for each
- Monthly Budget Reviews with each
- New Item Roll out
- Sales Team Engagement
- Design and execution of marketing programs to grow distribution, volume, revenue and market share.
- Creatively utilize multiple Marketing Resources such as social media, TV, radio, and Out of Home assets
- Accountable for tracking all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure the mutual success of SESS Suppliers and Retailers including:
- Weekly & Monthly Financial reports
- Sales Dashboard
- Karma CRM
- Responsible for building monthly sales goals that are aligned with KPI’s and trade program goals for the sales team.
- Identify and implement learning and development initiatives for sales team and sustain a culture of continuous self- improvement
- Analyze industry data, market trends and revenue projections to ensure all items are accurately priced and timely communicated to the sales team.
- Use a strategic selling approach to manage and measure all retail relationships to ensure we are providing the right product mix with the appropriate service
- Establish and measure sales team retail call frequency to ensure sales execution, customer satisfaction and overall SESS performance with them
- Identify market trends and opportunities utilizing business intelligence tools, retail call frequency and key account relationships
- Work with the supply chain management team to ensure accurate forecasts and inventory levels
- Actively participate in community and retail promotional events.
- Work together with the SESS senior leadership team to drive a high-performance culture within leadership and across all employees at SESS
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University and an established history of Sales experience (10 years preferred). A minimum of three years of Sales Management experience strongly encouraged, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read an interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; spreadsheet software and PowerPoint software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: must obtain and maintain a NYS Solicitor’s permit ID card.
- A valid driver’s license is required. Access to reliable transportation throughout work day required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication and people skills with the ability demonstrate the ability to create and foster relationships.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to work flexible hours and days. Accommodations may be instituted according to the Americans with Disabilities Act 1990.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants. Attends functions and visits in a number of diverse locations throughout the year.
Saratoga Eagle Sales and Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer