Craft Beer Enthusiasts - Canning Technician
Iron Heart Canning Co.
Apply for this Job
Hiring Urgently for: Rochester, NY / Kalamazoo, MI / Aston, PA
For all other available locations, check out our website!
This is the perfect opportunity for craft beer enthusiasts looking to get a start in the beer industry. Iron Heart Canning, a mobile canning company that packages beer for many of the region's top craft breweries, is seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to assist on canning runs. The position offers hands-on training and tremendous growth potential for the right candidate.
As a Canning Technician, you’ll serve an important support role for the Lead Canning Line Operator. Tasks include:
- Unloading and setting up equipment in the morning, as well as breaking down and packing up at the end of the day
- Mixing sanitizing chemicals and thoroughly cleaning equipment
- Weighing cans to ensure they contain just the right amount of beer
- Working the depalletizer to provide the canning line with a steady supply of cans throughout the day
- Collaborating with the head operator and brewery staff
- Learning to efficiently and safely operate heavy packaging machinery
Ideal candidates for this position fit the following description:
- Mechanical: Equipment doesn’t always work as it should. As an assistant operator, you’ll often need to independently troubleshoot issues and make on-site adjustments/repairs.
- Physically Fit: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination, and endurance. You’ll need to hull 150-lb. pallets of cans, push the 800-lb. canning line into place (it is on wheels), stay on your feet for lengthy 12-hour shifts, and perform countless other physical tasks.
- Flexible Schedule: Every week is different, depending on the breweries scheduled. Long hours and overnight stays are common.
- Hardworking: Pride in your work, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are all essential.
- Beer Knowledge: Home brewing or brewery experience is a big plus, as is a general appreciation for great craft beer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites including loud noise, high and low temperatures and small working areas. Physical demands:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and motor vehicle driving record review
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Occasional overnights are expected
- Profit Sharing
- Maternal/Paternal Leave
- 40 Hours of sicktime
- Seven paid holidays per calendar year
Iron Heart Canning Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time