Karbach Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Sales Director oversees the complex function of company sales as it relates to various states, distributors, retailers, etc. This position manages Regional Sales Managers and the Key Account Managers to ensure that territory sales are consistent with goals and projections. This position largely oversees the program and system of sales as a whole, to include managing how: Karbach partners with distributors, maintaining market competition, pursuing on and off premise accounts, enters new territories, tracks and manages targets/progress, and any other facet of company sales. This position also requires significant analytical skills for market analysis, and for developing annual/quarterly adjustments contributing to the production schedules. This position also oversees the communication between distributors and KBC, providing necessary literature, presentations, and other materials equipping wholesaler partners and sales staff.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Works directly with wholesalers to develop strategies and to educate them on quarterly and annual goals and projections and execution plans.
- Derives data and sales reports, as well as other sources of analysis to support future growth plans.
- Manage chain sales, including contract work and wholesaler communication.
- Works with Marketing Director to ensure appropriate marketing strategies occur.
- Uses research and analysis to develop quarterly and annual goals
- Uses analysis and sales trends to support budget recommendations
- Oversees sponsorship budget
- Develops and maintains cohesion between territorial employees and managers.
- Works with the Marketing Director to ensure territory cohesion between sales and marketing employees
- Maintains Sales Department budget on an on-going basis
- Troubleshoots problems between wholesalers and warehouse delivery/availability
- Orchestrate and conduct regular meetings with sales management team to maintain consistent communication
- Drafts reports and prepares for wholesalers and company leadership
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of company products and industry best practices (beer and merchandise).
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Lover of beer!
- The ability deal with difficult customers when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and third-party partners.
Education and Experience
- Seven years of increasingly difficult, and complex sales experience
- Three years managerial experience of increasing difficulty and complexity.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Regular contacts are made with the general public and business partners.
- Communication is usually cooperative in nature, but there is the need to resolve issues on the behalf of staff regularly.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving expected.
- Requires flexibility in hours.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.