Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities throughout the brewery. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role will improve the utilization of the maintenance staff and the packaging operator mechanics by thoroughly planning maintenance activities to be executed during scheduled downtime events. This role will improve overall utilization of resources, machine efficiencies, and Preventative Maintenance (PM) completion rate while complying with the maintenance budget.
- Monitoring work orders, prioritizing back log, scoping work orders, buying and staging required material, assigning daily running and weekly downtime PM’s
- Adjusts PM procedures, frequencies and time required to perform the work in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Monitors maintenance metrics related to planning and scheduling effectiveness
- Assists with troubleshooting and corrective action implementation during breakdowns
- Facilitates problem solving activities initiates and follows through on failure investigations / root cause analysis
- Assists in the technical skills training of operator mechanics
- Creates and maintains maintenance budgets as needed; assists in maintenance variance reporting
- Collaborates with the Inventory Control Specialist on initial inventory, part descriptions, developing Bill of Materials (BOM’s) by equipment, setting min/max levels, reducing cost of inventory, assigning repairable vs. non-repairable status, etc.
- Works with CMMS administrator to assign equipment numbers, enter equipment information, assign PM’s, manage work backlogs, etc.
- Assists in the execution of maintenance work orders as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Three (3) years mechanical or electrical maintenance and manufacturing experience required; experience with high speed manufacturing equipment is highly preferred
Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Associate’s or Technical Trade School Degree or comparable Military Technical Training is preferred
Food plant experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to provide technical training
- Ability to provide effective contractor oversight
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage budgets
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with individuals at varying levels throughout the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and feedback
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions
Occasional travel necessary to attend training and industry conferences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection. Occasionally exposed to and safely navigates work areas under construction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance and maneuver up to 125 lbs. safely and with proper body mechanics. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and to differentiate color. The employee is regularly required to engage in physical activities and manual labor, including but not limited to: stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, bend, climb, stoop, crawl, balance, lift, push, pull. The employee is regularly required to climb permanent and temporary stairs, use ladders and personnel hoists. The employee is also regularly to negotiate work areas under construction.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer