Vice President of Sales
Hanger 24 Craft Brewing
Apply for this Job
As we look to expand our brand footprint, we are in need of an energetic Director of Sales (DOS) who wishes to grow with our company, be a leader in developing the sales team, and be an ambassador of our quality products and brand to the local community.
You will lead and manage the sales team by calibrating an optimal sales team structure, planning and executing strategies and tactics, target setting, developing and enhancing distributor relationships and results, determining demand for products offered by the company, competitive analysis, implementing programs designed to be successful at retail and while connecting with consumers. The Director of Sales will work daily with the CEO and other department heads to meet these objectives.
The DOS will provide leadership, formulate sales and marketing strategies.
- Advise the CEO on key decisions.
- Lead, manage and communicate priorities with the sales team.
- Oversee territory sales forecasts, budgets and key performance indicators.
- Visit and collaborate with distributors to stimulate interest in establishment of programs.
- Represent company at trade association and guild meetings to promote company and production
- Manage and oversee sales staff, and providing oversight to regional managers.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates that are aligned to financial targets.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of products.
- Ensure distributor market spends are being exhausted per contracts.
- Negotiate contracts with new distributor partners and vendors.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Provide customer and wholesaler outreach and education opportunities.
- Comply with local, county, state, and federal government requirements.
- Provide data for key performance indicators
- The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with in-depth industry experience, strong knowledge of marketing and a true passion for craft beverages.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Senior leadership experience managing a sales territory and team is required.
- A Beverage Business Management certification and a Cicerone Certification are preferred, but may be obtained during first year of employment.