Apply for this Job
Ghostfish Brewing Company, an award-winning brewery located in the historic SODO district of Seattle, WA, is seeking a full time Packaging Lead. We are a growing company with distribution in 15 states and 2 Canadian provinces. We operate a 15BBL brewhouse and work exclusively with alternative grains such as millet, brown rice, and buckwheat.
The Packaging Lead is responsible for all aspects related to packaging, conditioning, shipping, housekeeping, and any other processes required to achieve a final product ready for packaging. This person must be a hardworking, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. The candidate should also be a sociable person who is comfortable with occasionally representing the brewery at public events.
Essential Job Functions include but not limited to:
- Operate and maintain the Codi canning line
- Lead all packaging initiatives including supervision of personnel during packaging runs
- Work with Brewing Team to reduce beer loss and maintain canning efficiency and product consistency
- Perform regular quality checks to insure proper seam specifications and accurately record data
- CIP the canning line, fermentation tanks, and other brewing equipment
- Recording all brewing related information from brew days from fermentation to packaging (canning & kegging)
- Following SOP's in each phase of brewing, fermentation, packaging, and CIP
- Execute preventative maintenance activities on the canning line and cellar equipment
- Enter all packaging data into brewery management system (Orchestrated Beer)
- Coordinate with QA & QC for checks on all packaged product
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly production records are filled out completely and accurately
- Maintain inventories of packaging materials and finished goods in accordance with production and shipping schedules
- Responsible for consistent communications with Production Manager, Head Brewer, and Sales Dept personnel
- Keeping the cellar and packaging areas clean and organized at all times
- Safe work practices and leading by example to uphold safety in all areas of the operation
- A strong passion for brewing and a desire for personal growth and advancement
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational habits
- Motivated work ethic and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
- Flexibility in terms of hours and a willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime
- Computer literate with a good grasp of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Prior packaging, bottling, and racking experience and working with complex packaging equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and technical troubleshooting skills
- Forklift operation (certification desired)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot, and cold environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and consistently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Ghostfish Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits, generous paid time off (PTO) and quarterly beer rations.