Apply for this Job
Provides leadership and is responsible for implementing and verifying the effectiveness of Atwater’s quality plan, strategies and systems to include food safety, regulatory compliance and product quality requirements. Utilizes Atwater’s World Class Supply Chain 2.0 principles & best practices to achieve world class quality operations through leadership in continuous improvement efforts. Effectively partners with operations to improve process and package quality. Develops local strategies and tactics in alignment with the brewery and integrated supply chain strategic long-range plan.
Is responsible for safety, financial and operational performance, laboratory asset care, and reliability for the quality assurance business function. Ensures high quality products are produced, warehoused, and shipped cost effectively through maximizing operational efficiency and reliability. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Incoming supplier materials, analytical, sensory, microbiology, sanitation, co-products, brewing, fermenting, aging, filtration, blending, finishing, packaging, warehousing, and distribution of finished packaged product. Identifies, supports, and provides technical resources for environmental, sustainability, and energy initiatives and improvements.
Performs analytical and microbiological laboratory analyses. Leads, mentors, and develops assigned team in Performance, Career, and Talent Management. Promotes and consults with leadership team on strategies to create and inclusive and engaging environment.
Is responsible for the safety and quality of our products by adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs, and related Atwater quality plans and policies. Ensures Food safety through execution of HACCP, GMP, and housekeeping standards.
Education & Experience
- BS in Science or Quality Engineering
- Minimus of 5 years’ experience of quality leadership in a manufacturing facility
Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of quality systems & process improvement processes.
- Working knowledge of quality system & operation, process safety management, environmental standards and regulations, and sustainable development.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and managerial ability to directly manage personnel, while providing for their technical training and personal development.