Packaging Shift Supervisor
Victory Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Packaging Shift Supervisor
The Packaging Shift Supervisor is an integral, first line management position, proficient in the packaging operation of the brewery. The position ensures the completion of daily and weekly production plans and is accountable for achieving Packaging Department goals. The Packaging Shift Supervisor will oversee a team of Packaging Line Leads and Packaging Line Assistants, and will ensure escalation of any issues to the appropriate party.
- Exhibit and maintain proficiency in packaging operations, including ensuring basic and routine maintenance, equipment cleaning, and operation in accordance with SOPs.
- Oversight and responsibility for shift qualitative and quantitative production goals for three packaging lines.
- Coordinate incoming product from the fermentation cellar, incoming packaging materials and outgoing finished product with the supply chain.
- Ability to anticipate problems and drive solutions by providing direction to staff.
- Act as first responder for all shift issues, providing solutions.
- Provide pertinent follow up information to inter-brewery shift leads, brewery managers, maintenance team, quality assurance team and scheduling.
- Adhere to SOPs to elevate process control and minimize variability from operator to operator. Provide edits and improvements to SOPs, as needed.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of environment and equipment in accordance with QA/QC standards, implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Champion safety protocols in all activities, participating in improvements to safety standards where appropriate.
- Fill shifts as necessitated by vacations, staffing levels, necessary overtime.
- Ensure all equipment is operating safely, at maximum efficiency and maintained to the highest standards by supporting the maintenance department schedule. Submit work orders as necessary for equipment.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency to problem solving through practicing and perfecting root cause analysis.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to clean or CIP any of the packaging equipment.
- Provide feedback on performance reviews for Packaging Line Assistants and Packaging Line Leads, in concert with the Packaging Manager
- Participate in the interview process for new associates, as well as manage departmental on-boarding and training.
- Support initiatives to ensure minimal waste during manufacturing.
- Minimum 2 years of packaging in a production brewer. Experience in packaging in a food manufacturing environment will be considered.
- Mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to follow preventative maintenance plans in a production environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Display both a sense of urgency and an upbeat attitude.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree considered a plus.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Strong attention to details is required.
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over a team of Packaging Line Leads and Packaging Line Assistants.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer