National Account Manager
Apply for Job
The National Account Manager is responsible for growing DESTIHL Brewery’s sales and market share by building relationships, increasing distribution, and developing programming in key national and regional chain accounts. Location: preferably Illinois but willing to consider other locations for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national and regional chain account buyers and decision-makers.
- Coordinate with the Director of Sales and Territory Sales Managers to develop and execute key account target lists, goals, and objectives.
- Develop strategies and programming to grow DESTIHL Brewery points of distribution and volume within new and existing accounts.
- Ensure DESTIHL Brewery priority brands & package mix are represented within key accounts.
- Use VIP and/or other company provided software and data to identify, develop, and analyze sales opportunities and other business insights.
- Communicate with Territory Sales Managers and Brewery Sales Reps and wholesaler partners any and all key account objectives, priorities, programming, pricing, ads, displays, sampling opportunities, out of stocks, etc.
- Attend all DESTIHL meetings as requested.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, target lists, market surveys, etc.)
- Operate effectively within expense budget guidelines and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Observe all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising, and promotion of DESTIHL products.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years of sales experience in the three-tier distribution system.
- Minimum of three years of national account sales experience preferably in the beer industry.
- Experience developing industry sales analysis and presentations using syndicated data.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license, a registered, reliable and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Must have all applicable and current registrations and/or licenses required by any and all State and other governmental agencies to be a brewery representative.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done in a home office, a vehicle, and in the field.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, package stores, and other retail accounts are required.
- Travel is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane is required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay