Sales Representative, San Diego, CA
Alesmith Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
If you are passionate about craft beer and interested in helping to support our mission, we are currently looking for a Full-Time Sales Representative in San Diego, CA, to develop and manage distributor accounts, while growing volume and visibility; create new procedures and SOP’s related to new market/product launches and promotional events; and uphold Company philosophy, guidelines, policies, SOP’s and safety procedures in assigned territories.
Under direction from the California State Manager, the Sales Representative will be responsible for developing and managing distributor accounts while growing volume and visibility in assigned territory under the guidelines of the Company philosophy and policies. Will also assist in creating new procedures and SOPs related to new market / product launches and promotional events in assigned territory. Responsible for following Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Education and/or Experience: A Certificate and/or Diploma from a Business School, or equivalent combination of education and experience; a minimum of 2 years of experience working in an influential sales roles within the craft beer or beverage industries
- At least 21 years of age
- Strong interpersonal skills with a successful proven track record of developing strong relationships and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Must have a solid knowledge of beer styles and the craft brewery industry
- Solutions oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with staff, customers, and vendors
- Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays for special work- related events such as beer dinners, tap takeovers, etc.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must have the ability to lift 55 lbs regularly and sit at a desk for long periods of time and occasionally stand for long periods of time if participating at events or trade shows
- Ability to take the initiative, work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to complete assignments both accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and good working relationships with customers, vendors and staff
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact and work cross-functionally with all departments to meet business goals and objectives
- A passion for craft beer and knowledge of brewing industry
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying the culture and success of AleSmith
- BJCP and/or Cicerone certification (or agreement to enroll in a program)
Qualified candidates please email email@example.com with your attached resume in order to be considered.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.