Assistant Manager - Almont Tasting Room
Blake's Hard Cider
Apply for this Job
Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com. The Hard Cider business was established over 5 years ago on the family farm where the apples are grown, and we continue to grow each season. We want you to become part of the team and grow the family with us!
The Almont Assistant Manager is responsible for co-managing all aspects of the Taproom. The Almont Manager supervises and motivates the staff of the room including bartenders, store employees and green house employees, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Plans and schedules staff coverage, building sales and maintaining profitability. Performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service and establishes and maintains effective communication with senior management and customers, including participation in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Leadership Team meetings. The Almont Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient planning, staffing, and scheduling of all open hour periods, off-site sales and creation of special activities to enhance business. This position requires that the GM and Almont Manager be responsible for the P&L of the Taproom and meets all financial and budgetary goals.
As the Almont Manager, you are responsible for meeting the Company’s sales and marketing goals for the Taproom as well as playing a key role in supporting your Leadership Teammates in meeting the Company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
• Ensure satisfaction and value for our customers
• Be responsible for food and beverage pricing by analyzing and controlling cost of goods by menu item
• Ensure proper staffing during hours of operation
• Maintain proper distribution and reporting of tips
• Promote and grow off-site sales
• Achieve or exceed the budgeted sales and profits as presented by the General Manager and the Owners
• Maintain a positive Taproom team attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the Company goals
You are responsible for leading your team in supporting the Company’s vision and mission. Because you are selling to our customers, you are in a position to influence their satisfaction and our Company’s perception in the market, thus this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
• Required: Bachelor’s degree with Restaurant or Tavern experience
• Prior experience and ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a tasting room /restaurant operation with a minimum of ten or more employees in the operation.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
• Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of food and drink costs and pricing.
• Ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the telephone.
• Excellent understanding of the principles of Marketing and Sales.
• Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
• Must be able to lift & move at least 150 pounds at a time on a regular basis (1/2 barrel full weight)
Our full-time positions offer following benefits:
· Employee Discount Programs
· Competitive Pay Based on Experience
· Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with basic match
· Paid Time Off for Full Time Hires
· Health Insurance (Blue Care Network)
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
To apply, please apply through the “Apply Now” button, AND please “+ Add cover letter” to add a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s! We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.