Victory Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Brewer, Victory Brewing Company
Looking for a fun, rewarding place to work? Become part of the Victory Brewing Company team and join a truly unique and progressive organization that values employees’ enthusiasm, commitment and the desire to work with others. Seriously, what could be cooler than working in the craft beer industry?
Duties include performing daily production functions in the brewhouse, cellar, and packaging required to meet daily production goals. The Production Brewer position is focused on brewhouse or cellar operations in either our Parkesburg or Downingtown facility. Brewers have the potential to rotate through these departments. The scope of job duties includes but is not limited to wort production, cellar work, filtration, CIP, and cleaning.
Reports to: Brewhouse and Cellar Shift Lead
- Maintain proficiency in at least two of the following production areas: brewhouse, cellar, and/or packaging. The ability to function effectively in all three areas is considered a plus for the employee.
- Work week is based on a 40-hour schedule. Due to production needs, overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including all three shifts. The work week starts at 22:00 Sunday (3rd shift) and ends at 22:00 Friday (2nd shift).
- Load raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area.
- Set up hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations.
- Perform production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment.
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of food or beverage operations experience or similar related experience. Brewing and/or supervisory experience is a plus.
- Candidate must have good computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to smoothly handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Victory Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer