Restaurant General Manager
Hopsters Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Whether with friends, co-workers or going solo, Hopsters Brewing Company delivers a unique adventure and experience unlike any other restaurant and brewery. As the only custom craft brewery in the region, we offer one-of-a-kind opportunities to brew your own craft beer or simply enjoy our house brewed beers and craft cocktails while enjoying elevated american cuisine.
General Manager Role
The Hopsters General Manager will be responsible for implementing and exercising philosophies and business practices of Hopsters Brewing Company. The role will work closely with the the Front-of-House Managers, Events and Brewing Team to deliver on our mission of exceptional customer service for events and dining room alongside our brewery’s award-winning beers.
Key goals: maximize efficiency and profitability of our operations through system development, adherence, and modifications; maintain a close knit, professional, and engaged staff; oversee the development of community relationships through off-premise events and delivering on our philanthropic missions; oversight of restaurant marketing by providing a strong social media presence, capitalizing on community exposure opportunities. The ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and take tasks to completion is a must. This position will be expected to work with all departments of the business including Sales, Marketing and Brewery Operations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide superior leadership:
- Motivate and inspire staff by outlining achievable goals and objectives; providing supervision, accountability, and recognition; leading by example.
- Comprehensively fulfill our mission of top-notch dining experience with interesting and contemporary offerings; develop a professional and well-trained staff able to describe and sell our beer; assist with development of seasonal and sustainable dishes; create innovative menus that stimulate customer purchases and loyalty.
- Establish a management team with positive working relationships that focus on communication excellent guest experiences and accountability
- Manage Daily Operations: regulate daily processes and constantly improve operational systems; periodically monitor floor/kitchen operations; monitor security systems; promptly respond to email and phone communications
- Meet Financial Goals: establish, monitor, and adjust financial controls; control costs and adjust systems when necessary; develop and implement strategies to increase revenues; prepare financial reporting; monitor and approve spending decisions;
- Uphold Service Standards: monitor and evaluate food, beverage, and service offerings; maintain high-value staff training; initiate improvements; build relationships with preferred patrons;
- Focus on Accountability: monitor and evolve staff and manager checklists; hold yourself and team accountable to developed and implemented systems, to defined roles and duties, and to maintaining a positive attitude;
- Oversee customer brewing and brewers making sure that all procedures are and processes are properly maintained;
- Facilities Maintenance and Permitting: schedule preventative maintenance for equipment; timely submit all permit renewals; monitor seasonal needs; stay abreast of inspection dates and reports related to health, fire, sanitation, and safety standards; maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
- Uphold Administrative Service Standards: promptly respond to customer and company email and phone communications; assist with responding to customer credit card disputes; communicate to FOH management any customer complaints;
Human Resource Management
- Accomplish Company Human Resource Objectives: recruit top industry professionals; train, coach, counsel, and discipline staff; clearly communicate job expectations, policies, and procedures; lead by example; review staff job contributions and compensation levels;
- Maximize Labor: employ fewer, highly-skilled, better compensated workers; work with managers to adjust scheduling to match customer volumes; communicate effectively all site specials, promotions, policy changes, and company events and local happenings
- Have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, our everyday beers, and our seasonal and experimental styles of beer
- Have a thorough understanding of the restaurant menu and Hopsters philosophy on food
- Work with Events Manager to provide an excellent experience on everything from menu to guest experience and follow up