Area Sales Manager - CO
Uinta Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Area Sales Manager plays a crucial role in the success of Uinta Brewing Company’s sales efforts. The ASM manages a large portfolio of strategic accounts and focuses on core business development. This role develops and maintains wholesaler, retailer, and seasonal accounts in Colorado analyzing and reporting sales data, and assisting with marketing efforts in assigned market through such efforts as identifying branding opportunities for our Sales team. This role is the face of our company to the industry, and therefore, the individual in this role must be highly skilled at selling the benefits of our brand. The ideal candidate will have relevant industry experience, a strong sense of ownership, and proven history of working with cross-functional teams and on- and off-premise accounts. This individual will be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the VP of Sales and should live in or near Denver, Colorado.
- Account Management
- Build partnerships with strategic accounts, both on- and off-premise, in assigned territory. Achieve brand sales and margin goals within allocated territory. Create growth strategies for our retail and wholesale partners through creation and execution of a strategic product assortment plan that appeals to our accounts and drives maximum sales. Negotiate with existing and potential accounts for best pricing, product placement, promotions, branding, etc.
- Effectively manage and optimize a strategic account portfolio while also opening new accounts. Develop tactics and materials necessary to pitch Uinta Brewing Company to new potential partners. Open new accounts that appeal to our consumer base.
- Initiate sales process with seasonal and designated key accounts by scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, and understanding account requirements.
- Distributor Management
- Communicate consistently with distributors to ensure proper management of inventories. Work directly with territory wholesaler and their sales staff to promote the sale of the brand.
- Promotions Management
- Manage promotional activities for new and existing products at accounts.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Sales Director to develop beer tastings, dinners, etc.
- Organizing and Planning
- Maintain an updated sales guide/playbook and documented customer business cases.
- Conduct regular formal territory reviews and segment and prioritize your market as needed to maximize sales potential. Evaluate brand performance and inventory levels.
- Manage and communicate opportunity pipeline using Salesforce CRM.
- Develop quarterly target list built from goals and objectives.
- Analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software.
- Team Communication
- Maintain regular communication with Regional Sales Manager and VP of Sales.
- Work closely with Marketing team to ensure products are presented in a way that engages our customers and delivers a brand experience consistent with our goals. Assist in creating volume projections and marketing budgets.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account’s needs, and dependable service.
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule between all assigned territories.
- Judgment and Decision-Making
- Make intelligent sales decisions through a strong understanding of our brand, industry trends, customer demand, and historical quantitative data.
- Adjust sales tactics to market trends and a dynamic, opportunity-based sales environment.
- Other Duties
- Assist at all special events and festivals in the territory.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (e.g. conduct price surveys, evaluate discount program, submit expense reports).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 or over to apply.
- Must live in Colorado – preferably Denver.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the three-tier distribution system, either with a beer wholesaler or a beer supplier.
- Must have strong knowledge of the craft beer industry and its retail consumers. Must have knowledge of draft beer and Uinta Brewing Company’s brands. Expert knowledge in sales and territory, effective decision making derived market intelligence.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals through collaboration with marketing.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with account partners in retail and distribution.
- Possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal. Aptitude in sales writing, planning, reporting, and analysis preferred.
- Proven history as a deal closer. Excellent negotiation skills, ability to engage with accounts and close sales efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically. Use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills. Inquisitive nature, not afraid to investigate solutions independently. Proactive attitude, ability to react to unforeseen situations.
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Have a sense of urgency, and the ability to close deals consistently.
- Flexibility to take on new brands and territories and succeed.
- Experience with sales/CRM software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Develops new business.
- Identifies and sells to customer needs.
- Translates product features to benefits.
- Good listening skills. Sensitive to customers.
- Delivers effective presentations.
- Negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately.
- Develops sales skills.
- Customer Focus:
- Focused on customers and committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Listens and understands customers’ needs and assumes responsibility for solving problems; ensures commitments are met.
- Solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- Product Knowledge:
- Knows and explains product benefits.
- Understands and sells the full product line.
- Understands customer’s business operations and needs.
- Understands and responds to the competition.
- Applies market knowledge.
- Acts on opportunities and seeks out new responsibilities.
- Tackles problems and takes independent action.
- Generates new ideas, originates action, practices self-development.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute rather than passively accepting situations.
- Acts to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities.
- Results Focus:
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities.
- Ensures accuracy & completion of work, focuses on desired results.