Head of Brewing & Quality Management
Five Boroughs Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a New York City brewery and taproom in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We produce high-quality craft beers in our 15,000 square foot facility that embody the dynamic spirit of New York City, a place where aspirations are limited only by what you are able to brew up in your head. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. aims to celebrate and encourage the exploration of craft beer and all the wonders the five boroughs of New York City have to offer.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team in our Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery and taproom facility. The Head of Brewing and Quality Management will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations including but not limited to brewing, packaging & quality management. Managing our growing operations team and working with the finance and sales teams to continue product innovation and development will be the cornerstones of this role.
More specific responsibilities are noted below:
• Leading all elements of brewing, packaging and quality management operations
• Direct supervision of all brewers, packaging technicians and quality control technicians including staffing schedules and monitoring of labor budgets
• Managing production schedules, inventory, reporting, budgeting and forecasts
• Maintaining the safe and effective operation of brewery equipment and other related machinery and training staff on systems, processes, and recipe development
• Working in tandem with the leadership team of Five Boroughs on new beer and product development process
• Responsible for procurement planning of raw materials necessary for production;
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
• University degree in a related field (Brewing, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
• Minimum of 5-years’ experience in a commercial production brewery (10,000+ BBLs annually)
• Experience managing at least 5 direct reports
• Willingness to travel for events/festivals
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and ability to use a computer for data entry, record keeping, E-mail, etc.
• Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with Orchestrated Beer software
Physical demands / Working conditions:
• Frequent lifting: up to 60 lbs.
• Frequent moving: up to 165 lbs.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating production and packaging equipment, driving a forklift, and operating pallet jacks
• The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a brewery environment
• The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation will be commensurate with applicant’s previous experience
• Five Boroughs Brewing Co. prides itself on offering a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision and commuter programs
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.