Head of People Operations
Downeast Cider House
Apply for Job
we started downeast cider to do work we liked with people we liked. both have evolved, but remain true. over the course of the next few decades, we intend to build the american cider company and we need a lot of help.
HEAD OF PEOPLE OPERATIONS
as head of people operations, you will be responsible for helping hire and develop the team at downeast cider. we’re ninety people and growing. in this role, you and your team will be responsible for all human resources activity and results, including two critical outcomes - our good hiring process is developed into an elite hiring process & our good managers develop into elite managers.
we want to make downeast a great place to work and we believe that’s achieved through building a strong team that’s challenged to do their best work. the results we achieve provide growth, which fuels the cycle. this team deserves an outstanding work environment and expert support/training.
besides owning all hr administrative functions, people operations will work with all areas of the company to provide support with the following key outcomes.
- we’re constantly improving our ability to identify and hire the best people to achieve our goals
- we are able to expertly communicate candidate profiles
- our recruiting efforts are exhaustive and efficient
- we’re designing interviews that can be replicated and improved.
- our process for selection removes bias.
- new employees are quickly getting up to speed in both their work and in building relationships with their new teammates.
- measure. measure. measure. measure.
- our managers are getting the development and support they need to empower their teams
- promotion and compensation guidance
- consistent training on an always-improving hiring process
- support for goal-setting framework (we use okr)
- performance assessment process.
- 8 years working professional
- 1 year as a full-on recruiter
- 5 years as a manager (2+ direct reports)
- 5 years in hr
- 2 years leading hr
PERKS & BENEFITS
- unlimited vacation policy & flexible work schedule
- 401k with company match
- health & dental insurance
- company provided short term disability
- voluntary long term disability & life
- commuter benefits
- ongoing professional development
- a voice in the direction of the company
to apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to our careers page explaining why you’re interested.