Maintenance Tech 3 or 4
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Sierra Nevada is looking for a seasoned Maintenance Technician with knowledge and experience in PLC programs and motor control systems. As a member of the Maintenance Department this position is a highly visible role within the brewery. Work duties are varied, and Maintenance Technicians are responsible for providing technical and diagnostic expertise related to the installation, removal, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of manufacturing production and facilities equipment.
NOTE: Selected candidate may be offered Maintenance Tech 3 or 4 depending on relevant experience and qualifications
Tech Level Dependent Duties
- Tech 3 - Knowledgeable of PLC programs, motor control systems and control networks for the purpose of maintenance, testing and repairs
- Tech 4- Responsible for writing PLC programs, motor control systems and control networks including installation, programming, maintenance, testing and repairs
Duties of both Maintenance Tech 3 & 4
- Conduit bending and installations, pulling and terminating wiring, and other electrical related tasks
- Troubleshoot manufacturing instrumentation; verify/correct appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow control loops ensuring the quality of our product is not compromised
- Work directly with production personnel to isolate and repair equipment problems quickly
- Install, remove, repair, modify, or replace machines and/or equipment throughout the brewery
- Keep electrical components running properly, making repairs or replacements including motors, starters, fuses, disconnects, instrumentation, relays, switches, position sensors
- (Maintenance Tech 4 will have the additional responsibility of printed circuit boards)
- Conduct and complete PMs and work orders, addressing issues as they arise (repairs, inspections and necessary adjustments) to include the assistance of maintenance personnel when needed
- Perform housekeeping functions both in the shop and the job site to maintain a clean and safe working environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Tech 3 – Experience working with VFDs, digital and analog controls is required along with a broad knowledge of industrial electrical systems and power distribution
- Tech 4 - Experience with programming, PLCs, VFDs, industrial Ethernet and digital and analog controls is required along with a broad knowledge of industrial electrical systems and power distribution
- A minimum of three years' related work experience is required
- An associate’s degree or the equivalent from a technical school is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Know, understand and be compliant with Confined Space Entry procedure, NFPA 70E and Lockout procedure is essential
- Ability to read, understand and work from electrical schematics, ladder logic, one-line prints, equipment cut sheets and manufacturer-provided drawings is a must
- Ability to set-up and operate shop tools such as drill press, conduit bender, grinder, and other hand tools necessary to complete a repair and/or installation
- Forklift and/or other mobile equipment certification (e.g. scissor lift, articulated boom) strongly preferred
- Ability to properly use PPE is required
- Occasional travel is required for training and/or assisting our Mills River, NC plant
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment and occasionally in an office environment. Work is regularly performed inside and outside and in all conditions including but not limited to; cold, heat, rain, humidity and steam. Work is regularly performed near moving mechanical parts and where the risk of electrical shock is present. Work is regularly performed at heights and in confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may occasionally be very loud and require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance and maneuver up to 125 lbs. safely and with proper body mechanics. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and to differentiate color. The employee is regularly required to engage in physical activities and manual labor, including but not limited to: stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, bend, climb, stoop, crouch, crawl, balance, lift, push, pull. The employee is regularly required to climb permanent and temporary stairs, use ladders and personnel hoists. The employee is also regularly to negotiate work areas under construction.
- The schedule for this opening is 2:30pm -11:00pm, Monday - Friday. Prior to moving to this schedule, there will be a training period of 60 - 90 days, 7:00am-3:30pm, Monday -Friday.
- You must be available to work all day/shifts and be on call
- Forklift and other mobile equipment certification (e.g. scissor lift, articulated boom) will be required once employed
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer