Territory Sales Manager - Jacksonville, FL
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Territory Sales Manager - Jacksonville, FL is responsible for achieving our Business Plan objectives by executing both at retail and through their respective wholesaler network. This position will serve as the main point of contact for their assigned wholesalers, focusing on volume and distribution goals, wholesaler leadership and retail execution. This position will provide wholesaler management responsibilities to at least 3 wholesalers and could include a multi-state territory. The Territory Sales Manager will spend approximately 60% of their time in retail execution. Preferred location for this position is Jacksonville, FL.
- Retail Execution
- Build partnerships with strategic accounts, both on- and off-premise
- Call on existing account base within territory to obtain new distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share within their assigned territory
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account’s needs, and dependable service
- Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share within the assigned territory
- Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale materials within territory and according to our brand standards
- Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings and positioning
- Merchandise and service accounts including our Q/A measures- clean POS, rotate stock, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
- Identify field quality concerns and report using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization RMA)).
- Coordinate events and promotions to deliver greater brand awareness and stimulate sales
- Conduct staff educations, beer tastings and other events as needed
- Execute monthly National Account opportunities
- On- and Off-Premise: securing displays, ensuring beer placement, closing gaps, checking quality and POS support
- Coordinate with wholesaler on National Account mandates
- Provide feedback to National Account team as to what is working at retail and challenges
- Accomplish sales goals in accordance with our Skill Selling Techniques and Minimum Performance Standards (120 Calls/Visits per month)
- Provide exceptional service to assigned accounts with the goal of becoming their craft beer consultant
- Wholesaler Management
- Manage assigned wholesalers in territory with the respective sales teams with the goal of increasing our share of mind and retail execution
- Maintain proactive, solution-oriented communications with supervisors, sales team and wholesalers
- Develop, deliver and execute the monthly, trimester and/or annual planning meetings for assigned wholesalers and lead the execution of said Annual Business Plans. Wholesaler meetings must be recapped and shared with District Sales Manager.
- Manage goal setting and budgets, including co-op dollars, writing incentives and approving bill-backs for assigned wholesalers
- Respond and resolve wholesaler issues and concerns in a solution-oriented manner
- Manage beer orders and inventory when needed
- Monitor point-of-sale inventory levels and initiate orders as needed
- Cultivate strong relationships with both wholesalers and key customers
- Actively manage relationships with wholesaler personnel, including Executive Leadership, Sales Managers, Operations Management and Sales Reps
- Create growth strategies for our retail and wholesale partners through creation and execution of a strategic product plan to drive maximum sales opportunities
- Execute sales and marketing activities in line with agreed Annual Business Plan and work with wholesalers to continue building brands’ presence
- Establish wholesaler expectations for National Accounts program execution and recap results
- Conduct professional presentations to wholesalers
- Provides timely recaps, both in writing and verbally, of accomplishments, opportunities and assigned accountabilities/tasks
- Sales Administration
- Monitors assigned budgets to ensure spending stays within budget and on strategy
- Perform all necessary administrative duties relevant to position (i.e. tracking reports, promotional recaps, expense reports)
- Complete monthly sales call calendar by the 20th of the previous month.
- Utilize sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Nielsen, Power BI, etc.) effectively
- Coordinate with wholesaler on commitment closure opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years wholesale/supplier management experience required
- Previous wholesale/supplier management experience in the alcohol beverage industry preferred
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to work in an office setting spending time in front of a computer screen with the need to use hands and fingers to type. Regularly required to work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying. Occasionally exposed to outside elements and refrigerated rooms. Possible exposure to second-hand smoke while working in on-premise establishments. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection (visiting distribution centers and warehouses).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 44 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years
- Extensive travel (up to 40%) required, primarily to customer sites and required meetings
- Hours and days will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Candidate must reside/or relocate to the specified area (Jacksonville, FL)
** Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Pacific Time on April 1st, 2020**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer