Printer's Ale Manufacturing Co.
Apply for this Job
Printer’s Ale Manufacturing Company is looking for a Lead Brewer to join our growing team. We are a thriving craft brewery in West Georgia with an emphasis on classic techniques and old school heritage. In that same space, we are constantly tinkering and experimenting – challenging ourselves to not be afraid to try new things. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to create great beer and wants to learn and grow with us. Printer’s Ale is driven forward by a relentless drive to experiment and grow and we are looking for a person with a passion for making great things who wants to join up. This position reports directly to the Brewmaster.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Lead Brewer is responsible for the brewing process from preparation of the raw materials through the fermentation process.
- Operation of brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy including:
- Milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirpool, knocking out, grain out
- Lead Brewer will work closely with the Brewmaster to coordinate and manage daily workloads
- Maintain and document brewing activities
- CIP and sanitation of brew vessels including:
- Mash tun, kettle, heat exchanger
- Tank Management including:
- Gravity, dumps, dry hopping, transferring, carbonation
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Yeast management, including:
- Harvesting, pitching, record keeping
- Use of proper PPE
- Maintain spreadsheets and forecasts on a computer. Experience with EKOS a plus.
- Ability to follow directions, team player
- Adhere to established recipes and processes
- Communicate changes and/or needs to management
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in engineering, food/fermentation science, chemistry, microbiology or related field is a plus but not required
- A combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- 3+ years brewing experience required
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Safe chemical handling knowledge
- Adaptable and solution driven
- Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete dilution calculations, volume, flow, weight, length, pressure, and other unit conversions
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and with others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Travel is not required for this position.
Additional duties may be required. Printer’s reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is salaried. Printer’s offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Printer’s Company Handbook.