Magic Hat Brewing Company - Craft Beer Sampling Specialist - Part-Time
Apply for this Job
The Hive US, is looking for Craft Beer lovers for a Retail Account Sampling Specialist role.
We are a dynamic, growing full-service agency headquartered in Toronto, but working across North America. We work with many of the top leading brands in the beverage, liquor, confectionary, food and gaming industries. Our team is looking for a top Retail Account Sampling Specialist to promote the Magic Hat craft beer brand at various retail accounts and events.
The pay rate is $90.00 USD per event including travel. Events are typically 2 – 3 hrs from Thursday – Sunday. We are looking for people who can start at the beginning of April ongoing through the Fall.
The role of the Magic Hat Retail Account Sampling Specialist is a hands-on position executing sampling events for Magic Hat Brewing Company. The position’s focus will be building Magic Hat brand awareness and encouraging consumer trial and purchase. This exciting role will be a great fit for someone who enjoys interacting with people and has a passion for craft beer.
Job Details include but are not limited to:
- In-Store sampling events within designated accounts on an on-going basis
- Participate in Magic Hat brand training in order to become knowledgeable brand advocates
- Represent the Hive and Magic Hat in a professional and friendly manner while delivering on program targets
- Communicate with Hive Head Office team and account store staff to ensure program success
- Responsible for transportation and set-up of sampling assets and POS for assigned key accounts
- Thorough event recap to all parties within a timely manner
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
- Travel within the respective market will be required including transportation of promotional materials.
- A passion for and a strong knowledge of craft beer; bartending experience and / or Server-Certified Cicerone is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organized, outgoing, and a charismatic personality is welcome
- Knowledge of company, US beer business, state and federal regulations and laws
- Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours is required (days, evenings and weekends)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Access to a mobile phone and computer for reporting
- Overnight travel may be required
Magic Hat Brewing Company:
The idea of Magic Hat began where so many good ideas before it began: in a bathtub. This bathtub, located on the Goddard College campus and devoid of a plaque of recognition, is where Bob Johnson brewed his first batch of beer. After years of honing his craft, Bob was finally ready for the big time. Soon after he realized his readiness, he re-met Alan Newman, a serial entrepreneur with whom Bob had worked in a past life. Bob told Alan of his plans and before a handshake could take place, the two were jet-setting to the West Coast for research.
Upon their return to Burlington, Bob and Alan began their search for a space to call their own. That search landed them in an abandoned factory on Flynn Avenue in Burlington’s South End, where Bob would finally brew Bob’s First, Magic Hat’s debut ale and, soon after, the first batches of #9, Fat Angel and Blind Faith.
Embedded in our DNA is a deep love for the arts, placed there by our employees and neighbors in Burlington and beyond. From our beers to our labels to our in-house bands, everything we do is inspired by sight and sound and the magnificent melodiousness contained therein. Our true intent is all for your delight.
The Hive, is both an independent full-service creative advertising and strategic marketing agency and a full service promotional and activation agency for alcoholic beverages, based in Toronto, Canada. Our clients include North American Breweries, Coca-Cola, Mondelez, OLG and Brown-Forman. Recognizing the emergence of a new communication model based on brand conversations, we’ve focused primarily on developing the relationships between our clients’ brands and consumers’ core human values; values that transcend geography, demographics and culture.
Thank you for your interest in The Hive US. If you believe that your experience, qualifications and interest are a good match for this role, please submit your resume & a photo via email@example.com with “Magic Hat Retail Account Sampling Specialist” in the email subject and do not apply via the company website. The Hive US is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome the many dimensions of diversity.