Installation & Training Technician
Cask Global Canning Solutions
Apply for Job
Installation & Training Technician
Are you looking for a chance to join a booming company that still has a small-business feel? Cask Global Canning Solutions is a successful and growing company, and thanks to our ongoing success we’re expanding our installation team.
We’ve been around since 1999, providing innovative and affordable canning systems to the world’s craft beverage businesses. Some of these creators include craft beer, cider, wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and other life-enhancing beverages. Cask has installed more than 1,250 canning systems in over 60 different countries across the world, and now we are looking for someone new to join our team.
For the right candidate, this is a kick-ass job that serves the craft-beverage industry and will have you travelling the world (hint: must love business travel).
About the Role:
Your main purpose in this role will be to facilitate the installation and training of our canning systems. Your work will largely focus on getting the machine operating at high efficiency and training the customer operators. Our installation process takes between one and five days, depending on the canning line and customer environment.
Using your knowledge of mechanical/pneumatic/electrical systems and components, you’ll ensure that every installation is a success. Since installs and customer environments can be unique, you’ll need strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and a can-do-it attitude (get it!). You’ll need to be great at communication in order to help our customers learn their Cask system quickly. Training small to mid-size groups is critical to your success so you’ll have to be comfortable with public speaking.
You think on your feet and enjoy working in unfamiliar territory. Sometimes you’ll need to leverage your knowledge and authority in finding creative ways to move forward. Most importantly, succeeding here requires teamwork and taking ownership: being invested in customer success and finding ways to make our services better.
On a practical level you will:
- Complete initial set-up and commissioning of the canning line
- Provide consultation on machine functions/abilities, as well as operational instructions
- Deliver training to small and mid-size groups
- Conduct test and product runs
- Test designs for functionality and efficiency
- Assess any issues in installation/set-up and find solutions
- Order new parts/repair damage parts as necessary
- Document issues/machine outputs
- Be an ongoing remote resource for customer questions/issues
- Arrange for travel leveraging our travel management partner including air, hotels and car rentals
- Travel to customer locations (worldwide)
You’re a perfect fit for this role if you are:
- Customer service-oriented – you understand what makes customers happy. Your strong communication, attention to detail, creative thinking and follow-up skills means your customers are always satisfied.
- A team player but can also work independently - your teammates can count on you to support the team and pitch in wherever you can. When you need a hand, you have no problem asking for help.
- Resourceful – you’re able to think on your feet, evaluate situations and adapt to a new plan.
- Adaptability – you understand the end-goal but remain flexible in your approach to get the job done.
- Passionate – about the beverage industries and communities we serve, with a desire to travel the world and adapt to new environments
- Certified Red Seal with a focus on electrical, (industrial) mechanical or automation technology, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10+ years experience troubleshooting mechanical/pneumatic/electronic components
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a similar industry
- Familiarity with PLC and HMI programming would be an asset
- Working within a craft-beverage environment is considered a strong asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-lingual is an asset (in particular French, Spanish)
- Proficiency with relevant software, including CRM software (Salesforce), MS Office (especially Outlook, Word, Excel), online expense management and similar online tools
- Ability and desire to travel regularly (most often outside of Canada)
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Ability to carry credit card expenses up to $10,000 within a month
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Working at Cask Global Canning Solutions
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive base salary between $60,000 CAD and $70,000 CAD per year (based on experience). There is the potential for an annual bonus program and an additional bonus for days traveled each month, bringing the earning potential for this role to approximately $90,000 - $100,000. We also offer a comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, etc.), a pension matching program and 3 weeks’ vacation. You’ll be joining an organization of about 65 people, which means that all your hard work is going to get noticed. Despite our incredible success and recent expansion, we still have the feel of a small family business, and you’ll see that from day one.
Unique to this Role
There will be a significant amount of travel in this role, approximately 10 to 15 days per month, with the possibility of two-to-three consecutive weeks at a time. Days are typically between business hours but will sometimes include evenings and weekends when you’re on the road. Last-minute travel and schedule changes are a reality for this role so schedule flexibility is required.