Mighty Squirrel Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
We are looking for a fun, motivated, and self-starting individual to join our team as a Sales Rep, focused for now on our home state of Massachusetts. This individual must have a deep passion for craft beer and the drive and motivation to share that passion with others. This position will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing and will focus on growing sales within our distribution channel. In addition, this role is responsible for increasing consumer awareness of our brand and our taproom/brewery by conducting numerous events such as brew fests, beer gardens, samplings, and more. A successful sales rep at Mighty Squirrel will build lasting and valuable relationships with our distribution partner, retailers, restaurants, bars, and end customers. While maintaining and servicing our existing account base, your duties will also be to consistently pursue new and creative business opportunities.
Mighty Squirrel is looking for an enthusiastic team player with a competitive spirit who is not only knowledgeable of the craft beer space, but who also wants to grow professionally with Mighty Squirrel for a long time to come.
About Mighty Squirrel Brewing Co.
Mighty Squirrel was founded by friends and home-brewers Naveen Pawar and Henry Manice in 2015 and has since expanded distribution across Massachusetts through our partner Atlantic Beverage Distributors. In December 2018, we launched our first brick and mortar taproom and brewery in Waltham, MA and have served tens of thousands of customers since then. Our unique space provides an immersive experience for our guests with our entire brewing process open to viewing from the taproom. We are in the process of increasing our production capacity to meet the increased market demand from our distribution business. Mighty Squirrel is always looking to find new and fun ways to interact with the community through creative events and innovative partnerships. Learn more at www.mightysquirrel.com and on our social media pages @mightysqrl.
· Understanding and embracing Mighty Squirrel’s purpose, vision, and strategy
· Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and working to build on relationships with existing businesses, while also seeking out and initiating new business.
· Collaborating with the marketing team to create and deliver unique and effective POS aimed at standing out in the busy segment of craft beer.
· Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with key retailers and restauranteurs in the area.
· Organizing and executing various events at accounts, as well as brew fests, fundraisers and more. These include but are not limited to beer dinners, tap takeovers, festivals, tasting events, and samplings.
· Must be willing and able to conduct promotional events with key retailers and partners that may occur at night and on weekends.
· Meeting various goals, both as an individual and as part of a team.
· Conducting distributor work-withs to build strong relationships with our distribution partner as well as accounts.
· Working with the Sales & Marketing Director to create sales execution plans and fiercely seeing these plans through.
· Creating detailed weekly account visit plans and writing visit recaps
· Analyzing and understanding market trends
· Out of this world communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· At least 2 years of prior sales experience
· Thorough knowledge of the craft beer industry and emerging trends
· Must have the ability to safely lift 55 lbs and move 165 lbs using traditional methods
· Must have full-time access to an automobile
* All candidates must have and maintain an acceptable driving record and pass a pre-employment background check.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
· Competitive pay
· Stock Options
· Health benefits
· Retirement plan (IRA) and company matching funds
· Generous beer, food, and merch perks
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time