Ska Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
About the Job
In this position, you will work both in brewing and cellar operations. You will have direct, hands-on responsibility for producing quality Ska Brewing beer in a safe manner. You will be responsible for wort production and for cellar operations, beer clarification, plus tank and general cleaning duties.
- All aspects of brewhouse operations including but not limited to:
- Milling, mashing, lautering, and wort boiling;
- Safe and efficient transfer of wort to fermentation vessels;
- Routine troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment and work areas;
- Monitor and record process times, temperatures, gravities and pH levels;
- Collection of sterile samples for lab analysis;
- All aspects of cellar operations including but not limited to:
- yeast and fermentation management;
- dry hopping;
- operation of centrifugal separator and filtering operation;
- tank CIPs and equipment COPs;
- General cleaning duties;
- Preparing beer for packaging.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment
- Assist in inventory management
- Assist in safety compliance and QA/QC
- Follow all operational procedures set forth by Ska Brewing Co.
- Knowledgeable in safe brewing practices
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience brewing on a commercial system (Experience or working knowledge of 25bbl or larger brewhouse is preferred)
- Formal brewery training and/or certification with strong mechanical ability is required
- Self-directed and work effectively independently
- Organized, detail-oriented and attentive to quality and standards
- Flexible, accommodating, confident, team-oriented and self-reliant
- Must be able & willing to work morning, midday, overnight and/or weekend shifts
- Must be able to endure long hours on feet
- Must work well in wet conditions and hot or cold environments
- Must work safely in a fast-paced industrial setting
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces
- Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and task scheduling skills
Ska Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed team members.
- Prior to your start date, we require successful completion, as determined in our sole discretion, of a post-offer pre-employment criminal background check.
- All applicants must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
- To apply:
or go to www.skabrewing.com