National Chain Accounts Manager
Avery Brewing Company
Apply for Job
National Chain Accounts Manager
Purpose: The National Chain Accounts Manager is to build valuable added selling relationships with a select group of on-premise and off-premise national and local retail chain customers. The position will deliver volume, distribution and programming support that drives total revenue for Avery Brewing Company. Location: Boulder, Colorado
Responsibilities:National Account Customer Selling
- Develop and maintain relationships with key buyers and decision makers within the national chain landscape for assigned on-premise and off-premise customers
- Coordinate with National Sales Director and National Accounts Director on monthly and quarterly chain account target lists built from goals and objectives related to Avery Brewing’s overall brand focus
- Develop insights on craft beer category, craft beer styles and communicate Avery brand opportunities
- Analyzation and development of sales opportunities from VIP software, IRI, Nielson, Armadillo or other industry syndicated data
- Grow and develop Avery points of distribution and volume through new and existing National and Regional chain accounts both off an on-premise. Use Avery Retail Standards to ensure proper brand and package mix with each account team
- Use Avery Retail Standards to ensure proper brand and package mix with each national account team
- Identify and develop retail programming ideas with national and regional partners that best represent Avery Brewing as it relates to quality and culture and the development of our brand
- Lead insights and actions for assigned accounts into the Annual Planning process with Sales Leadership
Retail Account Selling
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule between all territories; schedule to include distribution and retail standards review within local on and off-premise account partners
- Review pricing accuracy and close gaps on inaccurate pricing on shelf, on display or across the bar
- Coordinate and participate in retailer sampling and promotional events
- Create, maximize, and implement the use of POS materials to build brand awareness and increase Rate of Sale
- Build product displays focused on key buying periods, inclusive to Avery brands and programming
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product is essential.
Distributor and Avery Supply Chain Communication
- Work directly with and maintain constant communication with Avery Regional Sales Directors, Area Sales Managers, and Sales Reps on- new item gains/deletes/swaps, inventory levels, pricing, programming, out of stocks, ads, displays, sampling opportunities, and general support.
- Maintain and communicate product pricing to retail customers and across three tier system; ensuring proper pricing at retail level for highest rate of sale, and profit, achieving Avery specified cost of goods sold, and adhering to distributor margin.
- Create forecasting model for Supply Chain in creating volume projections by brand, package, and anticipated Rate of Sale. Further communicate agreed volume and package numbers with Avery team members and distribution partners.
- Monitor beer inventory to maintain proper amounts to increase Avery sales and visibility based on sales trends, promotions, and seasonal changes
- Assist Region Sales Directors in creating marketing budgets and financial models related to National Account activities and programming
- Communicate performance updates to National Sales Director, Avery Leadership team and Sales team
- Build and present PowerPoint presentations illustrating Avery brand performance, identifying areas of opportunities, outlining upcoming releases and market trends.
- Perform administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, build wholesaler sales programs, establish distribution targets, chain programming and conduct price surveys).
- 5+ years of sales experience at the supplier or distribution levels of 3-tier alcohol distribution
- Minimum of 3 years CPG national account experience with the majority of experience in the beer sales industry
- Proven track record with account/industry analysis, presentation development, reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with National syndicated national account sales data and /CRM software.
- Good technology skills with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various social media, industry programs such as VIP/SAP and more are needed.
- Desire to continuously learn and build personal development in all areas
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish sales goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Plan, manage time and prioritize as necessary. Ability to manage multiple focuses in a timely fashion is required.
- A strong understanding of the craft beer scene and the existing liquor laws
- Anticipated travel is approximately 50%
Compensation: Based on experience. Compensation includes salary, phone allowance, mileage allowance, and expense account. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned business with benefits including but not limited to group health insurance, 401(k), competitive vacation time, and a very liberal beer sampling program.