Pacific Northwest Region Manager
Apply for Job
To achieve budgeted financial, volume, distributor execution, and sales team results in the assigned sales Region via effective Business Management, Forecasting, Annual/Quarterly Planning, Distributor Collaboration, and People Development.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
Business Management- 50%
Responsible for managing all sales activities and financial results for the Region via building effective market plans, monitoring results, and communicating with distributor partners, retail partners, and brewery team members.
- Planning and Financial: Sets and monitors results for all budgets for the Region covering volume, revenue, distributor local marketing, Event Ambassador costs, and sales team expenses. Holds sales team accountable to expense guidelines and approves team expense reports.
- Reporting: Reports, to Division Director, periodically as needed on the following metrics:
- Budget tracking
- Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP
- Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives
- Anecdotal market results
- Quarterly Meetings and Execution Calendars (All A Distributors)
- Quarterly Focus (company goals, new items, seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing/execution surveys, crew drives)
- Communication: Acts as main liaison between sales and marketing, operations, and chains departments.
- Market Ethics and Legal: Always acts professionally, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales tactics. Knows local alcoholic beverage laws in operating detail.
- Core Deliverables:
Distributor Collaboration- 25%
Acts as the ultimate authority for all distributor relationships in the assigned Region.
- Annual Market Plan: Creates an Annual Business Plan with all distributors that includes a review of previous results, a brewery branding plan for the upcoming year, program plans, agreed-upon execution objectives, budget, and an overall execution calendar for the upcoming year. Presents the Annual Business Plan to each region distributor.
- Quarterly Business Reviews (A Wholesalers): Ensures execution of Business Reviews with distributors to monitor progress toward goals and solidify or update initiatives. Stays on top of Budgets and regularly updates Execution Calendars.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders.
- Core Deliverables:
People Development- 25%
Leads, manages, and develops the Region’s field sales team toward achievement of market and individual sales and skill development goals.
- Team Leadership and Development: Sets focus areas and specific execution goals with regional sales team that align with distributor goals as well as develop volume deeper in the portfolio. Holds monthly sales meetings/calls with regional team.
- Field Coaching: Consistently spends time with sales reps in the field either selling as a team or working specifically on skill development to enhance reps’ skills in:
- Selling Skills: Probing, Listening, Objection Handling, Closing, Business Math
- Education: Executing distributor and wait staff educations, tastings, events
- Quality & Troubleshooting: solving field package and draft problems.
- Performance and Results: Conducts Annual Performance Reviews for reps, regularly monitors rep performance, and has formal periodic results and skill review conversations with written follow up. Ensures all sales team members are executing sales calls to Paint it Black standards.
- Core Deliverables:
- Extensive knowledge of product lines and the beverage industry in the assigned territory, specifically local microbreweries and competing distributors.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent group presentation skills
- Good sales, decision making, and problem solving skills
*Person should reside in the Pacific Northwest and this role covers Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska.*