Sales Representative - Boston Area
Longbow Distribution LLC
Apply for this Job
This is a sales representative position with Longbow Distribution LLC, a small MA wholesaler of craft beers, ciders, spirits and other unique beverages. Launched in late 2016, Longbow proudly distributes some of the world's best beers, ciders & other unique beverages across our home state.
We're looking for someone to become a trusted beer liaison to our accounts - diligent, organized and positive-thinking individuals with sales experience in the beer industry. The hire will be responsible for sales in the Boston and North Shore area. This position requires residence in the central area of the territory.
Self-Motivation – Sales representatives develop and maintain a route within certain territories, establishing new accounts and working regularly with buyers in a manner that is efficient and productive. Sales representatives are expected to fill and maintain their own daily route/schedule, as well as following through on directives and goals set by their supervisor.
Organization – Sales representatives cover a wide territory and sell from a diverse portfolio. Excellent organizational skills and habits are necessary to stay on top of orders and incoming shipments, meet regularly with buyers, understand Longbow's pricing, and all other aspects of maintaining routes.
Professionalism – Sales representatives are the main point of contact between accounts and our organization. Courteous, patient and professional conduct which furthers our mission, reinforces our vision and exemplifies our values is expected at all times and in all situations.
Education – Sales representatives will be expected to have a fair amount of experience in sales and knowledge of craft beer and brewing before they are considered for the job. Further, our staff is expected to constantly develop their knowledge of beer and other beverages, the nuances of their accounts and prospects, technical knowledge useful in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with products or draft systems, market trends and wider developments in the industry, and all other areas of knowledge as pertain to being an effective beer industry professional.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Competency with Excel and Google Sheets is expected.
- Solicit sales from a range of customers including package and grocery stores, bars, restaurants.
- Seek out and establish new accounts within territory.
- Route Scheduling : Meet with buyers and be physically present for all accounts on a regular basis.
- Maintain awareness of current and incoming products and pricing.
- Accounts Receivable : Support bookkeeping department by communicating with accounts regarding balances and payments due. Collect payment from accounts as requested or required.
- Support and communicate with operations department regarding information on delivery schedule, returns and damage, product pick-ups, credits owed, changes to orders, etc.
- Monitor and respond to all communications in a timely and helpful manner.
- Grow sales according to monthly and quarterly goals.
- Maintain current list of contacts and notes for all accounts.
- Public tastings and industry events as required. These events may take place on the weekends or outside of regular business hours.
- Other miscellaneous duties relevant to sales and general tasks as directed.
This is a full-time position. Compensation package includes a base annual salary in addition to monthly sales commission and assorted incentives, medical insurance and vacation time. The salary range noted in this posting is a conservative estimate including starting base salary, sales commission and other incentives.
Medical and dental insurance are offered, as well as earned vacation time.