North East USA Sales Market Manager
Merchant du Vin
Apply for this Job
Merchant du Vin (MdV) is the premier specialty beer importer representing seven family-owned and four abbey-owned breweries from England (Samuel Smith’s), Scotland (Traquair House), Germany (Ayinger & Pinkus), Belgium (Green’s Gluten-Free, Brasserie du Bocq, Lindemans, Orval, Rochefort & Westmalle) and the Netherlands (Zundert). Each brewery has a deep, rich brewing tradition and many beers are considered benchmarks in their respective style.
MdV is looking for a highly self-motivated Sales Manager to grow sales and market presence in the on and off premise sales channels throughout E. MA, CT, NH, RI, ME.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Increasing distribution and sales through face-to-face meetings, phone calls and email. Will require the ability to cold call.
- Building strong relationships with buyers at top on and off premise accounts offering staff trainings, tastings, events and programming
- Building strong relationships with distributor sales personnel through work-withs, sales meeting presentations / training and events
- Managing sample, sales and travel budgets
- Creating and hosting events to promote Merchant du Vin breweries
- Must reside in Eastern Massachusetts in the greater Boston Area.
- 3-4 years of experience in beer sales
- Valid driver’s license
- Comfortable with cold calling in person, via telephone and e-mail
- Learns quickly, coachable
- Team player
- Strong persuasion skills
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, including overnight travel
- Possesses strong time-management and organizational skills
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Expense budget
- Mileage compensation
- Company laptop; internet and cell phone monthly service reimbursement