Apply for this Job
Scout Distribution is an independently owned craft beer and wine distributor. Scout Distribution has been created to reshape and disrupt the everyday understanding of a craft beverage distributor. We focus on building brands and providing exceptional customer service.
- Oversee established chain grocery store accounts
- Introduce new products, promote improved distribution, and ensure in-store promotion results
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales efforts, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records
- Support the Sales Department through safe and efficient product placement and display building.
- Accurately stock and rotate products onto shelves from backroom inventories as required.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with retail personnel
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory
- Work flexible hours which may include early morning, evenings, and/or weekends
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage
- Must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 170 lbs. when handling keg products
- Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience
- Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills/Customer Service
- Industry Knowledge and basic understanding of distribution
- Experience with a handheld ordering device