Entry level packaging position
Yards Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
We are seeking motivated individuals to fill multiple entry level positions in the Yards packaging hall. Yards hires and promotes from within making this an excellent opportunity for those with a love of craft beer to learn, train and grow into a career in the brewing industry. experience not necessary as we will train. Anyone with packaging/brewing experience are also encouraged to apply as experience can add to compensation. We are seeking the following requirements from applicants:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Properly wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and follow all safety and company policies.
Keep pace with fast-running machinery to ensure daily production goals are met.
Alert management of any potential safety or quality concerns.
Perform assigned tasks at various stations on the bottling, canning, and kegging lines.
Adhere to Good Brewing Practices (GBPs).
Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
• Dependable and punctual - must be able to adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
• Good communication skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to take constructive criticism.
Experience, Education, And Certifications
• High School degree or equivalent preferred.
• 6+ months of manufacturing experience or a combination of manual labor experience and computer skills preferred.
• Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
• 1st and 2nd shift work availability is required (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm). (Typical work week is 40-45 hours, Monday-Friday)
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs for a 8 hour shift.
• Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, crawl.
• Ability to work in hot, cold, and noisy work environments.
• Ability to stand 8+ hours per day.
Yards offers ten (10) vacation days and five (5) personal days per year (days awarded during first year of employment prorated based upon start date). Employee receives fifteen (15) days of vacation after the completion of three full calendar years (Jan – Dec x3)
After 60 days of full-time employment, employee becomes eligible for Yards sponsored medical and dental benefits. After 90 days of full-time employment, employment gains access to participate in the Yards 401(k) retirement plan where Yards matches 100% of the first 3% deferred, and 50% for the next 2% deferred.