Maintenance Tech 2
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Maintenance Technician 2 is responsible for the installation, removal, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of manufacturing production and facilities equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role provides brewery wide technical and diagnostic expertise.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 3rd shift position - (Sunday - Thursday, 10:00pm -6:30am) - Competative hourly rate with a 15% shift differential
- Inspect, test, diagnose, and repair machinery and equipment; respond to urgent maintenance needs at all company work sites as needed
- Conduct work orders and address issues as they arise; identify, find, and checkout parts as needed from storeroom; Operate forklift, genie boom, scissor lift as needed to complete work orders
- Complete preventive maintenance work orders as assigned and recommend revisions to improve reliability
- Clean, lubricate and rebuild shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery
- Maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and equipment related to utility and process piping
- Install, remove, repair, modify, or replace new or existing machines and equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace electrical components such as motors, motor starters, fuses, disconnects, instrumentation, relays, switches, position sensors and printed circuit boards
- Troubleshoot instrumentation, temperature, pressure, and flow control loops. Install, program, maintain and basic understanding of troubleshooting PLCs motor control systems and control networks
- Perform housekeeping functions while performing assigned work and in assigned maintenance area to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education
- 2 years industrial related work experience is preferred
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Competent with MS 365 Office suite of programs (i.e. Sharepoint, Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook) in addition to a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System, i.e. MP2, SAP, Maximo)
- Ability to read and understand operation manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manufacturer’s instructions, and/or engineering specifications
- Ability to accurately use precision measuring and testing instruments such as feeler gauges, calipers and tape measures
- Ability to comply with all safety requirements and procedures including Confined Space Entry procedure and Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO) procedure
- Ability to perform quality work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner
- Operational knowledge of general machine tools such as a grinder, drill press, hand tools and other metal working equipment
- Knowledge of P&IDs, equipment cut sheet, and manufacturer-provided drawings
- This posting is for our 3rd Shift Position.Hours are 10:00PM - 6:30AM. Sunday - Thursday.
- Weekend Work and scheduled call in coverage are required
- You must possess a valid driver’s license with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations in the last three years
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Ability to pass certification for operating heavy equipment including forklifts, Genie booms, scissor lifts, etc. within the first 90 days in position
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment and occasionally in an office environment. Work is regularly performed inside and outside and, in all conditions, including but not limited to; cold, heat, rain, humidity and steam. Work is regularly performed near moving mechanical parts and where the risk of electrical shock is present. Work is regularly performed at heights and in confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may occasionally be very loud and require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance and maneuver up to 125 lbs. safely and with proper body mechanics. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and to differentiate color. The employee is regularly required to engage in physical activities and manual labor, including but not limited to: stand, walk, sit, crouch, kneel, bend, climb, stoop, crawl, balance, lift, push, pull. The employee is regularly required to climb permanent and temporary stairs, use ladders and personnel hoists. The employee is also regularly to negotiate work areas under construction.