Oasis Texas Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Oasis Texas Brewing Co. in Austin, TX is seeking an experienced Packaging Manager to add to our team as we complete a major expansion in early 2020. The Packaging Manager will manage and expand the packaging team as we commission our new packaging hall with upgraded equipment, including a new canning line and bottling line. We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly motivated individual with relevant experience to join our tight-knit team as we begin the next chapter in our brewery’s history.
- Packaging beer and FMBs in cans, bottles and kegs in a high-volume environment
- Mastering operation of a Krones CraftMate Canning Line (250CPM), a GAI 3031 Bottling Line (50BPM) and all infeed and outfeed accompanying equipment
- Working with the Director of Operations to create packaging schedules and to maintain raw material and finished goods inventories
- Adhering to GMPs and strict quality standards
- Maintaining detailed records and filing them daily with Orchestrated BEER
- Implementing process improvements—focusing on quality, safety and efficiency—in every aspect of the packaging department
- Hiring and training new packaging operators
- Participating in mock product recalls
- Coordinating with QC Department to monitor and reduce TPO and ensure packaged beer integrity
- Performing regular maintenance and creating PM schedules
- 2+ years in a Packaging Manager role
- Experience with high-volume packaging lines, including depalletizers and secondary packaging equipment
- Managing a team of 4 or more employees
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation requirements in the food and beverage industry, with general understanding of HACCP principles
- Quick learner, always learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical background or knowledge
- Diploma from a recognized brewing training program preferred
- Competitive based on experience
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Free haircuts from our friends at Tune Up Manly Salon!
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with subject line “Packaging Manager Position” to Brian Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.