Brew Master / Head Brewer
Apply for this Job
Untethered Brewing Company is a brand new brewery that is located in Cazenovia, NY just outside of Syracuse. We are a fully functional production brewery that has the ability to do both package and draft beer. We are looking for an experienced head brewer to run the brewery as well as collaborate with the brew team in place on new recipes. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something special and help to develop Untethered Brewing Company into one of the best breweries in NYS.
General Requirements & Qualifications:
- Sophisticated management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- A dedication for quality craft beer.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years serving in a production role at a brewery producing more than 3,500 BBLs annually, home brewers with no commercial scale brewing experience should not apply.
- Applicant should have a strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing situations, prioritize, & manage time while being detail oriented.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of industry compliance standards, including but not limited to OSHA & safety standards, Government regulatory programs & laws.
- Candidate should possess a mechanical aptitude & strong troubleshooting skills.
- Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be over 21 years of age to apply
- Applicant will help Develop Meiers Creek Brewing’s SOP’s for the brewhouse
- A formal brewing education (e.g. IBD or Siebel Institute) or professional brewing experience is considered above all else. BA / BS in Chemistry &/or Biology, Fermentation Science, Business, Management, or Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) with relevant brewery experience is a plus.
- Cicerone certification a plus.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience on a 15 BBL or greater system
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelors Degree (Required)
- Cazenovia, NY or Syracuse, NY Area (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location