Ballast Point Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Facilities Technician will support upgrades, expansions, and ongoing equipment maintenance. This person is expected to be self-driven and use critical thinking to help troubleshoot facility maintenance. The Facilities Technician will need to execute exemplary customer service skills in working with other departments, peers, and suppliers to complete projects. This individual will be in an industrial setting where there is machinery, loud noises, and forklifts. The Facilities Technician is expected uphold our Ballast Point standards, including but not limited to our Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, policies and procedures, and Ballast Point’s Mission and Values. Our Facility Technician is expected to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as with others and support the company’s preventative maintenance and continuous improvement projects.
The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Technician include:
- Help ensure that needs at all facilities needs are met timely, while communicating realistic timelines to managers/supervisors at our BP facilities.
- Ensure our breweries run at peak production with little down time, continue to upgrade our equipment to improve efficiency and utilize a work order system to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Support implementation and optimization of a preventative maintenance program and work order system.
- Build upon the existing efforts to make our breweries clean and well organized, including participation in the 5s program.
- Help support maintaining a parts storage system that is clean and organized, inline with our 5s program.
- Ensures facilities operations provide a safe work environment for employees, visitors, and customers.
- Provide technical guidance for parts inventory management, optimizing for risks to down time and budget adherence.
- Ability to manage time and complex deadline-driven workload; includes planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and good follow-through.
- Work within time constraints to install and repair any and all equipment with little to no supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- High school or technical school education
- 3-5 years of factory-related experience in a maintenance environment.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, equipment and computers
- Flexible schedule to work day, night, grave, holiday and weekend shifts and alternative work weeks
- Previous facilities technician experience in a brewery setting
- Additional relevant vocational course work.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation
- Have a great, positive attitude that will inspire, and reflects the values of Ballast Point Brewery.
- Experience with continuous improvement concepts.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Industrial facility subject to loud noises, heavy moving equipment
• Travel as needed
• Exposed to various weather conditions both indoors and outdoors
• Ability to work at least 8 hours daily