Sales Representative - Wilmington, NC
Apply for this Job
Who Is Lonerider Brewing?
Our philosophy is: Affect Change, don’t be an audience. Walk your own path, and instead of thinking outside the box, imagine what if there was no box. We invite you to Ride for the Brand and are looking forward to having you as part of our Outlaw Team. Lonerider has established itself as one of the leading NC craft brands over the last ten years and continues to grow. We believe that our people are as important as the beer that we create. We look for Outlaws, out of the box thinkers, that not only can execute on the tasks in front of them but also help the brewery look forward to what’s next and new ways to bring our brand to market. Whether you buy our product in stores or visit one of our Hideout locations, the spirit of the Outlaw is embodied in everything we do. We have always been proud of our commitment to the community, whether it’s volunteering time, creating charitable events or simply spending time with those that enjoy our beer and want to engage more with our brand. We believe in having fun, empowering our employees to affect how we run our business.
We’re proud of being from Raleigh, NC and continue to carry that enthusiasm everywhere we go. It’s the Outlaw way.
What’s The Role?
This key person will serve as the Brand Sales Representative for Lonerider Brewing. This territory is based in Wilmington, NC and includes covering north to the Outer Banks and south to Myrtle Beach, SC.
What You’d Be Doing:
- Getting’ Out In The Market - “On the Street” Sales
- Coordinate and support brewery events (tastings and festivals) that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
- Work with each distributor on a regular scheduled basis, concentrating on increasing both draft presence and package distribution off and on premise
- Develop key customers relationships in each territory to gain sales and distribution
- Be key point of contact with accounts and distributor representatives in your territory, responding to any and all inquires and requests
- Participate in “ride withs” with sales reps and team leaders from each distributor in entire territory
- Fostering Distributor Relationships
- Develop and maintain strong, positive connections with distributor sales personnel
- Coordinate wholesaler education for new beer releases and for seasonal beer releases
- Manage incentives for distributor sales reps in each market
- Organizational / Reporting
- Keep a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and account calls within each wholesale territory
- Ensure festival team has equipment and merchandise ready prior to events
- Know pricing of all Lonerider products, plus general pricing of similar craft and import beer competitors in territory
- Other Duties
- Respond to general business e-mail inquiries and forward information accordingly
- Participate in social media – at the least to provide details of events in which Lonerider is involved with
- Perform other duties as assigned
As you’re considering applying to be part of this growing and dynamic team, ask yourself the following questions to see if you’d be a good fit for this position:
Retailers: Who do you currently know in the Grocery, C-Store, Bar/Tavern and Restaurant channels along the NC/SC Coast? Who have you done business with before in these channels/accounts that could help you establish a footprint for Lonerider Brewing moving forward?
Wholesalers: Having established relationships with these folks is just as important as knowing the retailers, sometimes even more so. Who do you know in our current distribution network that will help you with growing Lonerider volume?
Internally: How are you at establishing new relationships quickly and in a team driven atmosphere? While our sales team is spread out from Virginia to Georgia, we still keep close contact with each other and help out our fellow teammates, when possible. Are you ready to make that kind of commitment?
Do You Possess These Other Vital Requirements For This Role?:
- You’ve got to be a self-starter and not wait for instructions.
- You’ve got be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after consumption of alcohol
- You’ll need to have a flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends.
- You’ll need to have a clean driving record and must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Must live in Wilmington or be willing to move to Wilmington.
Lonerider Brewing offers competitive compensation including bonus potential and a light-hearted and fun working environment.
How To Apply:
Qualified and interested individuals should please submit their resume and cover letter – we will be accepting applications until Friday, February 14, 2020. Phone calls will not be accepted. This is your chance to shine, so don’t leave anything on the table! We're looking forward to hearing from you and wish you luck during the interview process.