Apply for this Job
Crosby Hops® is a 5th generation, vertically integrated hop company based outside of Woodburn, Oregon. We market our uniquely processed hop products direct to craft brewers and distributors around the globe. Our primary crop and business is hops, which allows us to focus exclusively on producing quality hop products year in and year out – sustainability, quality, community, and innovation are core values that drive our vision and process. Our high-performance culture matches well with highly motivated, focused, and vision-oriented individuals with a passion for quality at the source, continuous improvement, and excellence.
Utilizing hops from our own Willamette Valley farm and partner farms from across the globe, Crosby Hops® provides craft brewers a diverse selection of high quality, sustainable hop products. Crosby’s sustainable farming methods, along with its meticulous processing techniques, capture the essence of each hop flower, an essential ingredient in the best beverage on Earth — beer.
Crosby Hops® is proud to be Salmon-Safe Certified a Certified B Corporation®, joining the global movement of people using business as a force for good™.
Woodburn, Oregon; Portland metropolitan area (offices and flexible remote locations; 25% travel to support regional, national, and international initiatives).
Supports local, regional, national, and international marketing initiatives working directly with the Marketing Manager through tactical execution. Uses marketing expertise to assist in strategy and planning of messaging, promotional materials, events, newsletters, customer visits, sales support, and other department activities. The successful candidate will play an integral role in building and engaging the company’s customer base and creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of the company.
- Provide tactical support and execution for all marketing department initiatives lead by the Marketing Manager – both internal and external.
- Host customers on-farm for tours, education, and hospitality.
- Assist in the planning and execution of on-farm events.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Tier 1 tradeshows and events.
- Organize, manage, and execute tier 2 and tier 3 exhibit and tradeshow opportunities alongside the sales team.
- Plan and execute regional events with consistent brand look & feel.
- Arrange and ship marketing kits to all regional Account Managers. Replenish when necessary.
- Inventory and organize all tradeshow materials.
- Inventory and organize all merchandise and related materials.
- Enforce brand marketing guidelines throughout each activation set by the Marketing Manager to create a cohesive look & feel across all activities.
- Curate newsletter content for customers, subscribers, and employees monthly.
- Assist with social media content curation.
- Work with creative teams to come up with branding ideas, advertising copy, graphic designs, and promotional materials.
- Tracks marketing strategy results closely and creates detailed reports with data analysis and other feedback.
- Manage and fulfill employee and customer swag orders.
- Assist with building and shipping remote selections, showcases, harvest gifts, crates/merchandise/presentation materials for tradeshows, as well as put together employee gifts.
- Help order, pick, set up, and clean up hop plugs for all selections and showcases during Harvest.
- Assist with employee parties / coordination.
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks.
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated passion for the craft beer market.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- 1-3 years previous experience in a marketing or business development role, experience in the craft beer market preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to frequently work from our office in Woodburn, OR
- Ability to travel 25% of work hours - both domestic and international
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to work long hours.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 25 pounds without difficulty.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel 25% of work hours.
- Excellent communication with both the public and work team.
- Reliable and prompt attendance.
- Ability to meet strict deadline expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and perform deliverables on multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement.
Crosby Hops® provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, uniformed military service, genetic information, or any other classification protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time.
Compensation: Based on relative experience.
A pre-employment test for illegal use of drugs is required for this position. Such test shall be conducted after a conditional job offer is made, and work shall not begin until a passing score is confirmed.
Employment for this position is conditioned upon executing a Confidentiality and Non-piracy Agreement.
- United States (Required)