Area Sales Manager
New Glory Craft Brewery
Apply for this Job
About the Position
Title: Area Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales
Position Type: Full time, exempt
Shift: Monday through Friday, occasional evenings and weekends.
Position summary: The Area Sales Manager position requires visiting retail accounts and working closely with distributor personnel to increase distribution, influence rate of sale, and drive volume. This position requires effective collaboration with the Director of Sales and distributor partners to achieve all sales, distribution, marketing, and initiative goals. This position will be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion, executing key promotional events and samplings. This position requires self-management and structuring of a work week.
Territory Geography (subject to change): Sacramento County (partial), Amador County (partial), Contra Costa County, San Joaquin County, Alameda County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Calaveras County, Tuolumne County, Stanislaus County, Santa Clara County, Mariposa County, Merced County, Madera County, Fresno County, Kings County, Tulare County, San Benito County, Monterey County, Santa Cruz County.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Constantly identify business opportunities for New Glory Craft Brewery in the market.
• Work with retail accounts to sell in draft and package items at retail.
• Execute visibility/velocity activities to influence rate of sale.
• Sell in and execute on-premise and off-premise promotional events.
• Professionally represent New Glory Craft Brewery events in a festival setting.
• Develop rapport/relationships with retailer and distributor personnel.
• Maintain product freshness of New Glory brands by monitoring rotation and storage conditions.
• Maintain a sales bag packed with all necessary and required materials.
• Thorough and accurate notes entered in to KARMA after every account visit.
• Execution of company quarterly focus goals and initiatives.
• Build and execute an Annual Business Planning meeting annually with each distributor.
• Meet with distributor management a minimum of once per quarter to recap a previous quarter, discuss current initiatives, plan for a succeeded quarter, and more.
• Execute 2 general sales meeting presentations with each distributor per year.
• Maintain clean and current distributor inventories.
• Presell upcoming limited beer quantities to retailers prior to their arrival in the market.
• Schedule and execute distributor ridealongs.
• Communicate to distributor sales rep when in their territory and plan account visits to assist them.
• Submit weekly e-mail to distributors communicating upcoming beer releases, quantities, expectations, and more.
• Monitoring of distributor point of sale (POS) inventories and ordering as needed.
• E-mail weekly trade visit recaps to pertinent distributors and personnel.
• Produce quarterly performance recaps for each distributor and e-mail to appropriate distributor personnel.
• Communicate any and all successes, opportunities, issues, and threats in the market to Director of Sales and, when necessary, to distributor personnel.
• Maintain a general work calendar.
• Submit a weekly planner every Monday to the Director of Sales.
• Plan weekly retail account visits.
• Schedule appointments with retailers to sample buyers and staff on existing and new New Glory beers.
• Tracking, management, and responsible utilization of a spending budget.
• Maintain professional and open lines of communication with distributors and retailers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in outside beverage sales.
• 3+ years in the beer industry.
• Solid / proven knowledge of craft beer and the beer industry.
• Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to effectively collaborate, lead, and motivate a distributor team.
• Able to do basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, namely Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Previous experience with CRM software such as VIP/iDig, KARMA, or similar software.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods.
• Able to drive for prolonged periods.
• Must be able to lift 55 lb. cases without assistance and maneuver a 168 lb. keg safely with proper body mechanics.
• The employee will spend up to 70% of their time travelling, primarily driving.
• The employee will work in a retail environment in on-premise and off-premise retail establishments.
• The employee will work and interact directly with consumers in a sampling, promotional, or festival setting.
• The employee will work in a distributor warehouse environment where forklifts and other heavy equipment will be present and under operation.
• The employee will work with distributor personnel and may be a passenger in a vehicle operated by a distributor representative.
• The employee may work in a factory/production environment setting which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and with wide temperature ranges.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• At least 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a record free of any major violations in the last 3 years.
• Has a “Can Do” and “No job is too small” kind of attitude.
• Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
• The willingness and ability to learn new skills and maintain a “growth mindset”.
• Ability to work unsupervised effectively while maintaining safety and quality standards.
• Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
• The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
• Has a passion and demonstrated long-term commitment to the beer industry.
• The ability to maintain a positive professional attitude.
• Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and detail oriented.
• Professional, polite, and reliable.
• Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet.
• Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work some evenings, some weekends, and some holidays.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Company car.
• Company cell phone.
• Competitive compensation based on experience.
• Paid time off, after 90-day probationary period.
• Paid holidays, after 90-day probationary period.
• Health Benefits, after 90-day probationary period.
• 401k retirement plan and profit sharing, eligible after 1 year of service.
• Beer perks.
Submit a cover letter and resume to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject line "New Glory Craft Brewery Area Sales Manager Position".
New Glory Craft Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.