Director of Sales & Marketing
Apply for this Job
DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
LOCATION: Southern California
REPORTS TO: President
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS: 1
Award winning Southern California brewery looking to accelerate its growth is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced sales and marketing professional to join our Executive Team.
Born at the crossroads of culture, SouthNorte was created and launched in 2017. SouthNorte was born where the free-spirtied nature and rustic flair of Mexico meet the diverse culture and laid-back vibe of San Diego. When these two collide, anything goes and that’s the same way we approach every beer we make.
We are currently in distribution in San Diego County through Crest Beverage. We have aggressive growth plans for California and beyond.
Only applicants who reside or are willing to reside in Southern California will be considered.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will develop, guide and maintain strong account-specific business relationships with distributors, and with major chain customers throughout the U.S. to increase sales and brand awareness in the retail markets. They will work closely with distributor personnel to prepare and execute strategies for increased distribution, sales and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
• Develop sales strategies with management team
• Lead the company sales efforts
• Manage relationships with distributors
• Identify and negotiate relationships with new distribution partners
• Identify and generate leads and new business opportunities
• Analyze sales data to identify opportunities for sales growth
• Manage and grow key accounts, specifically chains
• Effectively manage a small sales team
• Coordinate with Marketing to develop go to market strategies for new products
• Prepare weekly and monthly recap reports for distributors and key stakeholders
• Assist with management of brewing relationships
• Manage forecast and budget process. Accountable for execution of planned forecast
• Lead agency partner in development of brand and sales communications
• Retail tie-ins and in-store demos
• Key market influencers
• In-store retail programming
• Local media opportunities
• Manage relationship with third party marketing agency to get sales and marketing tools for the brand. Manage deadlines of agency
• Represent Company by attending and/or pouring at special events such as industry conferences, beer dinners and beer festivals
• Responsible for building out of eventual team of sales and marketing employees
• Experience in the role of a sales manager/director in the beer industry
• Experience selling at the local and regional level
• Experience selling to chains
• Proven success in leading, overseeing, and developing a team
• Has strong relationships with key customers and distributors
• Proven capability to reach decision-makers and quickly determine opportunity potential
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability and willingness to travel and visit key accounts each week
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong written, oral, and presentation skills are a must
• Flexibility and positive attitude required
Clean driving record and reliable vehicle required. Position is based in Orange County, CA and requires frequent regional travel.
SouthNorte Company offers a competitive salary, bonus compensation and benefits including auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
If interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letters with salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Director of Sales & Marketing” in the subject line.