Massachusetts Territory Manager
Athletic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
SEEKING a versatile, passionate Territory Manager interested in making waves in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. As team members, our territory managers operate with a high degree of independence and tackle unique challenges as we ignite this new segment. While you will wear many hats, we place a very high value on work/life balance and offer above industry pay with full-time benefits. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
The Territory Manager must live in territory – Massachusetts - preferably in the Greater Boston Area.
- Represent Athletic Brewing's values and mission in the territory
- Maintain and cultivate relationships in territory – Distributors, key retail buyers, and other brand partners - includes sales presentations, work withs, events/samplings at key accounts
- Forecasting production needs with brewery team and distributors
- Distributors - Operate hand-in-hand with distribution partners on a daily basis, participate in planning meetings on a quarterly and annual basis
- Drive sales volume and distribution in the territory by identifying new opportunities, active selling, and motivating distributor sales teams to prioritize the brand in their portfolio
- Visit new and existing retail opportunities on a regular basis - both traditional and non-traditional for our innovative segment, on-and-off premise
- Manage chain account relationships within territory in coordination with national accounts team
- Execute sell-through and merchandising initiatives for retail accounts to increase consumer trial and engagement
- Coordinate territory event and sponsorship schedule, evaluate ROI of opportunities with sports marketing team
- Resolve client and customer complaints and issues quickly and professionally
- Develop promotional budget for key accounts in territory
- Accurately track all expenses and inventory from POS to sampling
- Keep diligent records of all elements of trade performance (everything from volumes/velocity to reactions to promotional budgeting)
- 4-year college degree
- Beverage/restaurant industry experience valued
- Cicerone level one completion valued
- Strong computer skills and savvy valued
- Clean driving record
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of delivering beer and setting up at festivals - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc
- Must be able to travel around the territory freely and regularly
- Independent operator - disciplined and self-driven
- Good communicator and team player, ability to build meaningful relationships with new contacts and motivate
- Personal curiosity in improving systems
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community
- Must live or be willing to relocate to territory
- Available to work nights/weekends with from time-to-time
- Location: Work from home/road – MA
- First couple of months will be spent working closely with current MA Territory Manager as they transition to a new expanded role within Athletic Brewing.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary, commission, and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email email@example.com to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.